Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Nice save by JA Konrath

I had purchased the book Rusty Nail in ePub format and as I'm reading it, I noticed the ePub referred to several hand written notes that I could only assume were in the book as an image. They were not there however.

I contacted Joe, and he sent me an email back not even 4 hours later with an HTML copy of the book and the images that I had suspected were in there.

VERY COOL!

He said that he wouldn't surprised if the publisher screwed it up, he never got an ePub version of that book back from them.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

I took the images and inserted them into the ePub that I already had, and all is well!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Any chance of a copy of the images and an indication of where they are supposed to go?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the interest of not pirating it you should send him an email from his website. Its REALLY obvious where they go though if you read the book.

I just don't feel comfortable handing over what he has already given me after purchasing the book.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Probably a good idea to get Mr. Konrath's permission before redistributing the images.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The mobi version has a sort of noughts and crosses thing with numbers in it, something with angled lines, and one that says "its good to be back". Is that all of them?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Yep...that's all of them
Old 09-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Joe Konrath
Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Joe Konrath can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Feel free to distribute the images. That's not piracy. It's my publisher dropping the ball.

FWIW, I'm also fine with piracy.

The internet was created in order to share information. If you want to share my books, I won't hold it against you.
Joe Konrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Konrath View Post
Feel free to distribute the images. That's not piracy. It's my publisher dropping the ball.

FWIW, I'm also fine with piracy.

The internet was created in order to share information. If you want to share my books, I won't hold it against you.

Wow....that's very generous of you to say!

Definately makes me want to buy the rest of your books. Can't wait for the finale with Jack Daniels and Luther.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The Jack Daniels series is the only one of his books that I have not read... are they good?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard

They are fantastic! I mix of terrible scenes and laugh out loud comments. Also a good mix of police procedural and a look into the personal lifes of the characters so that you care about them.

The end of Rusty Nail is a perfect example of snarky remarks and being tortured LOL....I've read 3 in a row now (4 if you count A Shot of Tequila) and am hooked.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I listened to the Jack Daniels series in Audio, got them from the library. I LOVE the series, I've read all but the last one, I'm waiting on it because I dont' want the series to end!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah I can't wait for the finale!! I'm hoping it's going to be a large book LOL, it's been a fun ride with them so far! I'm glad I get to pretty much read them in one shot and not wait haha.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
They are fantastic! I mix of terrible scenes and laugh out loud comments. Also a good mix of police procedural and a look into the personal lifes of the characters so that you care about them.

The end of Rusty Nail is a perfect example of snarky remarks and being tortured LOL....I've read 3 in a row now (4 if you count A Shot of Tequila) and am hooked.
The last one is coming out soon so perhaps if I start reading them now I can just power through them like I did The Dark Tower series
Old 09-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
The last one is coming out soon so perhaps if I start reading them now I can just power through them like I did The Dark Tower series
Make sure to read Blake Crouch's Andrew Thomas series as well....the two villians will collide in that book marking the finale of both series! Desert Places, Locked Doors, and Break You (a short story...I think it's in Serial Killers Uncut)

I can't WAIT!!

Oh and it'll only take you like 2 days to read one of the books, they are about 250-270 pages of pure adrenaline.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Make sure to read Blake Crouch's Andrew Thomas series as well....the two villians will collide in that book marking the finale of both series! Desert Places, Locked Doors, and Break You (a short story...I think it's in Serial Killers Uncut)

I can't WAIT!!

Oh and it'll only take you like 2 days to read one of the books, they are about 250-270 pages of pure adrenaline.
If it was written by Konrath (aka john killborn) or crouch it has been read. Those guys are sick little monkeys! I could not take the ending in Break You
Have you read Afraid?