Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 03-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
How to use iSilo with a dictionary?

I cannot find much in the way of info on iSilo compatible dictionaries. RadleyP just posted this over in the iSilo/Plucker debate:
Quote:
With the iSilo copy and paste I can look up words in any of the four dictionary programs that I do own.
Phillipe, can you go into a little more detail on this? What dictionaries do you use, which is your favorite? Anyone else that uses a dictionary with iSilo, I would love to hear your experiences...
Old 03-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #2
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I regularly use three programs: BDicty (the most versatile), SlovoEd/MultiLex (because it has a very large English-Russian-English dictionary) and PalmReaderPro (which gives you Webster's 11th, the best English language dictionary I have found). I have, depending on my mood, between 5 and 10 multilanguage lexicons in BDicty installed on the card -BDicty also has talking phrasebooks. The use in iSilo is simple: highlight, then copy a word, then open any of the dictionaries and the word is automatically entered.

In looking at their homepage today, I found that Plucker's lookup function works only with Road Lingua (which is OK, but not in my opinion as good as either BDicty or SlovoEd). Philippe Radley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
I cannot find much in the way of info on iSilo compatible dictionaries. RadleyP just posted this over in the iSilo/Plucker debate:

Phillipe, can you go into a little more detail on this? What dictionaries do you use, which is your favorite? Anyone else that uses a dictionary with iSilo, I would love to hear your experiences...
Advert
Old 06-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
mrttw
mrttw began at the beginning.

I use KDIC with KDICDa. You can actually find definition without existing iSilo. The pop-up screen of KDICDa will be on top of iSilo