Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Camera causes reboot for me

It used to work, but now when I go into the camera app it reboots the Pocket eDGe. Not sure what I did (other than drop it once a while ago). I looked at the boot log (dmesg from the command prompt) and nothing shows that there is an issue.

Anyone else have this issue? I even downgraded to Dingo to see if that was it, but no dice (well in Dingo it doesn't reboot right off, but nothing displays in the view finder).

Here's hoping someone has a solution...
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I don't know that I can help you, tekkno, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum, so I'll try.

Have you cleared the cache, and maybe even cleared the data on the camera app(s)? I have no idea whether it will do anything, but that has helped me with a couple of other apps that were misbehaving.

Has it worked since you dropped it?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
I did not really use the camera since the beginning because it seemed so cloudy (didn't realize that there was a plastic film over it LOL). Since I noticed it was not working I was trying to figure out when it last worked and what happened since that time.

I'll try to clear the cache, but I do not think that will be an issue since I downgraded to Dingo then upgraded to Ermine again (one would think the cache would have been cleared in that process).

I last used the camera on the July 7, shortly after I got it Pocket eDGe.

No way to clear the cache. Also there are two camera applications named camera one is 236k the othere is 232k.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 08-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote