Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
Drewwagar
Drewwagar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Christianity and Science Drama : Torn

Hi All,

I apologise for my first post being all self-promotional, but I hope I won't be wasting your time.

I'm about to launch a book called 'Torn'.

It explores the interaction of fundamentalist Christianity and the secular, focussing on the excesses of the Charismatic movement whilst contrasting them with the machinations of the secular.

Torn is not a form of proselytizing or preaching, nor is a it a call to atheism. It is a genuine story, based on real experiences. It is intended to make both believers and non-believers question their stance.

It’s the best and worst of church, religion and faith. The best and worst of science. It’s about wrestling with faith in a complex world. It’s about indoctrination, dogma and manipulation, even outright lies. It’s about family, expectations, mis-communication and betrayal. And it’s about love and hate.

It’s based on some real situations, and though there are no ‘real’ characters in here, recognisable traits from real people I’ve met will doubtless be detectable, both laudable and otherwise. The characters in the story are deliberately clashed together to create conflicting situations that demand a painful resolution. At times I’ve felt I’ve had to scale back on the story in order to keep within the bounds of credibility, only to be confronted with a worst excess on an almost daily basis. It’s possible you may read this and think – “That can’t happen!” Let me assure you, it can; it does.

Ultimately the story is a romance, but at the heart of it I'm seeking whether or not religion and science can ever be compatible, so I guess this book is my way of exploring the battle we all face in trying to seek the truth, despite the influences around us.

Many thanks for your time. You can find the book by googling Drew Wagar Torn, easily enough. or via my website www.wagar.org.uk

Kind regards,

Drew.
Drewwagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
---- text removed.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote