View Full Version : Touch Setting up multiple Kobos

GVC2031
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Despite having to return for exchange my first Kobo Touch due to a defective on/off switch and notwithstanding Kobo being in denial with respect to the eReader Storage Error that is afflicting most KT users, I quite like the Touch and have just bought a second for my wife.

So here's my question: What is the best way to set up the second Touch so that both can share the same books?

Joe563
08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
So here's my question: What is the best way to set up the second Touch so that both can share the same books?

If you use the same Kobo account (e-mail address) when you set up both Kobos, they will have the same Kobo books transferred to them. However, you should be warned that you will also be sharing reading awards and bookmarks.

p_a_smith
08-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Despite having to return for exchange my first Kobo Touch due to a defective on/off switch and notwithstanding Kobo being in denial with respect to the eReader Storage Error that is afflicting most KT users, I quite like the Touch and have just bought a second for my wife.

I've heard of two different ways.

1) My wife and I use the same account on our two Kobo's- Same Kobobooks account and same ADE authorizatgion. I generally use the desktop app to sync and she uses ADE to load her books. Works great for us.

2) I have heard people who have different Kobo accounts and the other person's ADE account set up on their so they can swap books. Personally I think it is a lot of work and remembering but whatever works for you.

GVC2031
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks, Joe.

...snip... you should be warned that you will also be sharing reading awards and bookmarks.

I don't think I care about sharing rewards, but I can see where sharing bookmarks could be a problem. Is there an alternative to sharing the same account?

GVC2031
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Thank you, Mr. Smith. These were the two setup options I was looking at and was looking to see if there was any other option that combined the pros of both without the cons of either.

p_a_smith
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't think I care about sharing rewards, but I can see where sharing bookmarks could be a problem. Is there an alternative to sharing the same account?

If you leave your Kobo Touch in airplane mode it will not share bookmarks.

HarleyB
08-19-2011, 12:53 AM
My husband, daughter and I all share the same Kobo account, one ADE account, and one Calibre library. We all have different books and as long as my husband isn't reading the same book on his iPad as I am on my phone (the only devices that we sync) we don't have any bookmark issues.

rashkae
08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Use decrypted books and let Calibre handle the Kobo.