View Full Version : Help please with Flight Crew error message ???

wannabee
08-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Here is a screen dump of an error message and the file it refers to.

I don't see an element "A" that it refers to. Have you any suggestions?

Adjust
08-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Try opening the file in Dreamweaver and got to File>validate> Markup

My guess is you are missing a </div> or something like that...

Edit--I don't use flightcrew

Toxaris
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
The line numbers are not always correct, but I think you missed a closing tag somewhere.

Jellby
08-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Or you added an <a> outside any <p> or <div>...

theducks
08-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Here is a screen dump of an error message and the file it refers to.

I don't see an element "A" that it refers to. Have you any suggestions?

The line number may only represent the point that FC discovers: "Houston! We may have a problem"
Start working back from there (in your case It reached 'The End' of a document :(

As others have pointed: you may have a 'naked' <a tag (outside of a <p> or <div>)

wannabee
08-10-2011, 01:58 AM
The line number may only represent the point that FC discovers: "Houston! We may have a problem"
Start working back from there (in your case It reached 'The End' of a document :(

As others have pointed: you may have a 'naked' <a tag (outside of a <p> or <div>)
I found it, thanks. An <a tag after a /p>. I didn't do it sir. It wasn't me, honest it wasn't. It must have been that nasty converter. But I don't know who to blame as I split it in Sigil and ran it it through calibre.

oh! it was line 85 not 243 go figure.

Toxaris
08-10-2011, 05:28 AM
I blame Calibre, as Sigil would not touch that. Conversion in Calibre can sometimes do strange things.

wannabee
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
OK Toxaris!

Take that Caibre :rifle:
You nasty piece of . . . . . . .

Just being silly here folks.

Remember: Garbage in ...... Garbage out.
Haven't heard that for a while. Maybe it should be at the top of the Calibre Convert Screen.

The more I use that program, the more I respect it. Not only does it do the mundane crap I need it to do at work, it brings me the daily paper and puts it in iBooks for me to read later when I'm having a steak and salad at the Plough and Harrow with a cool scooner of stout!

:thanks:
thanks Calibre and everyone here on this thread and MR that keeps helping me. Yesterday was my anniversary. Exactly one year after starting a new job converting print to eBook, and, if you haven't heard it before, they interviewed 5 people. Everyone said they hadn't done it before but were sure they could.

I spent the night before on MobileRead and in the interview asked if I could make a book for them. I did . . . . thanks to everyone's help here.

Cheers and Beers
:beer:

Toxaris
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh, I use Calibre with much pleasure and hardly any issues. And the GIGO is so true, for all conversions and also creations.
However, I must say that I hardly use Calibre for conversion and never as final step. When I create an ePUB I always do the final touching up in either Sigil and/or Notepad++.

It is still a great program!!!

wannabee
08-10-2011, 10:27 AM
It is still a great program!!!

:thumbsup: Yep

Sorry, all out of karma. In case you haven't noticed the karma thread going 3 pages long in general discussions. :)