View Full Version : use of strike-through...?

DesRez
07-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Evenin'! :)

I'm putting together an ePub in Sigil and there is one word in the entire novel that has a strike-through and it's causing the book to fail validation:

ERROR: Roil_fin.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0029.xhtml(361): element "s" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "em", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "tt" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

I'm at a loss... It's within <div> and <i> brackets and I just dunno how to make it valid. Sigil even has a strike-through button so I assumed (yeah, I know...) that it would be fine... :blink:

Any help?

DesRez
07-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Just checked and the <del> tag does the trick and the epub has validated. Sorted.

pholy
07-29-2011, 09:11 PM
The <del> tag must be one of the least used - I don't ever recall noticing it. Thanks for coming back and pointing it out.

Jellby
07-30-2011, 05:27 AM
or you could use <span class="strike"> with an appropriate CSS definition (text-decoration: line-through).