Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
NTFS on Honeycomb Tablets

Yes, it is possible (given your tablet has a USB port) to use your NTFS USB Drive on an Honeycomb Tablet.
The app is now called Drive Mount (former NTFS Mount) and is available on the Market. It not only allows you to mount and unmount your NTFS Drive but also is useful if your FAT32 USB Stick is for whatever reason not recognized by your tablet, it can (not always though) solve the problem.

Some custom Roms are even integrating this app (which used to be free btw) in their features.

again, I thought I'd try to contribute with a non-theoritical subject, for those of us who not only blabber about one but really own an android device, and who do not happen to think that "theirs is the biggest". (it never is......)

Last edited by aceflor; 07-23-2011 at 02:37 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
for those of us who not only blabber about one but really own an android device
I do, but it doesn't do NTFS. It sounds more complicated than I'd like to deal with.

Dropbox works well, as does the SD card. I used the SD card for really big files.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 07-23-2011 at 04:54 AM.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Yeah, Galaxy Tab owner here. Good info OP but zero issues with file systems as yet though that applet is very cool indeed.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Yeah, Galaxy Tab owner here. Good info OP but zero issues with file systems as yet though that applet is very cool indeed.
Good to know the galaxy tab can this from the box !
Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ well, don't quote me on that just yet. Sadly no USB port on the Tab so no way for me to really mess with this.

Just meant that no issues with stuff going on uSDHC card or via Wifi copying over to the TAB, with stuff that came from FAT32 or NTFS partitions. So not really proof of anything I would think
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard

yeah, I got mixed up, I don't remember which one has or does not have a USB port.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I remember the first time I used an ntfs driver with knoppix (a linux live cd) there were a lot of warnings going along with it (for writing mostly, not reading). I only used it to recover information on drives that were already otherwise inaccessible or repair the same. That's been a lot of years, but I wonder how stable things are now.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I have a dual boot pc, with linux and windows, and on occasion read and write to a ntfs partition. No problem so far.

But I would prefer to be able to read and write to an usb-attached ext4-partition. Perhaps that works nativly? Any one tried?
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote