View Full Version : Finding and using Kindle Collections Plugin

djchapple
07-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I have used Calibre to install the "Kindle Collections" plugin. Using "Preferences", "Get Plugins..." I installed the plug and I have verified that the plugin has been installed.

When the Kindle is not attached to the laptop I can see a small box called "Kindle Collections. This box is on a line on its own just below the grey top line showing "calibre -ll Calibre Library ll" and the line containing icons, the first two being "add books" and edit "metadata".

If I click on the box labelled "Kindle Collections" I am told that I must first attach the Kindle. When I attach the Kindle the box labelled "Kindle Collections" disappears.

What can I do to overcome this odd behavior?

I have only just started using Kindle and I hope to use this plugin to simplify the setting up of Kindle Collections,

nynaevelan
07-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Instructions and assistance can be found here: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118635

Nyn

meme
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Click on Preferences -> Toolbar. Select 'The menubar when a Device is connected', then find 'Kindle Collections' on the list in the left, and click on the right arrow icon to add it to the menubar. It may be that you added to the menubar when a device is not connected, although I thought I blocked that option at one point.