Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Acer Iconia price drop/sale

Looks like the dropped the price by $50 ... at least at Target and Best Buy.

http://www.target.com/Acer-Android-A...n&frombrowse=0
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
At my local Target they were also offering a $50 dollar gift card, bringing the effective priced down to $349.99. My family shops so much at Target that it might as well be cash. Very tempting, especially with that USB port and HDMI out.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
At my local Target they were also offering a $50 dollar gift card, bringing the effective priced down to $349.99.
Great price for a very nice device.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
At my local Target they were also offering a $50 dollar gift card, bringing the effective priced down to $349.99. My family shops so much at Target that it might as well be cash. Very tempting, especially with that USB port and HDMI out.
Also, if you have a Target Card, you get another 5% off. That brings it down to $330 if you count the gift card. If you are looking for an Android Tablet, that's a very tough deal to beat!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Got one for my wife on saturday (Best Buy even dropped the price in Canada for once. <sarcasm> Can you believe it? To think that we humble Canucks were actualy deemed worthy enough to have the same discount as our friends to the South!</sarcasm>). Very nice device. My only gripe so far is that the only program that seems to be able to read a USB stick is Clear Fi. Ok for music/video or pics, but couldn't transfer epubs or apks. Tried to use ES file explorer, which reads the USB stick on my pocket Edge, but it didn't even see the port.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Got one for my wife on saturday (Best Buy even dropped the price in Canada for once. <sarcasm> Can you believe it? To think that we humble Canucks were actualy deemed worthy enough to have the same discount as our friends to the South!</sarcasm>). Very nice device. My only gripe so far is that the only program that seems to be able to read a USB stick is Clear Fi. Ok for music/video or pics, but couldn't transfer epubs or apks. Tried to use ES file explorer, which reads the USB stick on my pocket Edge, but it didn't even see the port.
Wow. That's disappointing about the usb/host. First time I've heard that. I would have assumed that it mount like a drive and everything would be able to see it....hmmmm....maybe that's why we still don't have SDCard support on the Xoom....
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
cfrock
Enthusiast
cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook STR & K3
Its my understanding that Android does not yet support usb as drives. So its the OS not the manufacturer.
cfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
kennyc

Yep, that's why I mentioned the Xoom. Motorola may be waiting on Android support that isn't there yet...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Entourage edge supports usb thumb drives, on Android 2.2. Plug it in, and it mounts just like an SD card.

So I was a little POed. Waiting for an update......
In the mean time, I got work arounds. Other than that, great device.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Wow. That's disappointing about the usb/host. First time I've heard that. I would have assumed that it mount like a drive and everything would be able to see it....hmmmm....maybe that's why we still don't have SDCard support on the Xoom....
Thinki you boys are a little out-of-date - we have both SD and USB support on the XOOM with Android 3.2 - we're not waiting on anything except Ice Cream
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
kennyc

Not true. SDcard support has been released for some, not all Xooms.

Nor has 4G support been released.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Well, with apk drive mount my iconia reads everything from my usb stick, and with ntfs mount apk even everything from from my usb disk formatted in ntfs format. So the apks are not on board, but on your device in 2 seconds really....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It does. Just need to know how to, see my upper post.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord

OK, I take back what I said. After a chance to experiment (ie. prying it from my wife's hands ) , I found the USB stick and the external card with ES file explorer. They appear under /mnt of just / . All file transfers are possible, not just media. That'll teach me
Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
kennyc

Great!