View Full Version : Glyphs?

fiona86
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Anyone know how to get glyphs from InDesign (CS3) to export properly into an epub? Whenever I export a book they appear as text in the epub file, just one letter where the glyph should be :blink: Does anyone know if there are any xhtml codes for glyphs?

Any help appreciated :)

DaleDe
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
What are the glyphs? Glyph means the graphic representation of a letter. The so called error is the expected behavior. If you need the actual font glyphs then you need to embed the fonts in the ePuB file.

Dale

suzanneskifirst
07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Do you mean astrological glyphs? My friend is having the same problem. I don't believe you can embed them, and certainly not with InDesign. As far as I know, nothing embeds with InDesign epubs, not even a common font.

When I try fixing my friend's book, I plan to make myself a series of graphics with one glyph on each. It will be a nightmare, but I imagine this might be the only way to do it. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to hear it.

Suzanne

wannabee
07-14-2011, 09:23 PM
As DaleDe says you need to embed (http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/2011/04/embedding-fonts-in-epub-ipad-iphone-and.html)the font that has the gliph. The gliph has to be a letter in that font.

virtual_ink
01-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Could you just use the html entities? (If they exist). Need to do this myself. Will try.