View Full Version : Problem: positioning text to the bottom-right

JulienDym
06-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Hello all !

I'm trying to create an epub where a part title will be shown on an empty page at the bottom right of the screen, aligned at the very bottom-right and expanding upwards and leftwards as needed... This would be very easy using CSS absolute positioning but this doesn't work with ADE....

I also tried using tables... setting the height at 100% (or even 800px since that's the height of most reader screens) with floating:right and vertical-align:bottom... but that doesn't work either with ADE....

Anybody knows how to do this within the constraints of the epub specs and ADE ?

Cheers

Jellby
06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
There's no concept of a screen in ePUB currently, other than setting the margins with @page, so I'm afraid it's not possible.

Adjust
07-01-2011, 05:09 AM
You can use an image with the type in correct position then drop the image in as a full page

charleski
07-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Send email to Liza Daly (liza@threepress.org) and ask her why she couldn't see fit to include this very reasonable design element in her specifications for ePub 3.

Adjust
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Send email to Liza Daly (liza@threepress.org) and ask her why she couldn't see fit to include this very reasonable design element in her specifications for ePub 3.

Haha...I'd love to know if you get a reply...

Actually that isn't a bad idea...

Maybe the mods should contact her and a couple of other "Leaders" and hold a Q+A here on this site...

Hatgirl
07-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Haha...I'd love to know if you get a reply...

Actually that isn't a bad idea...

Maybe the mods should contact her and a couple of other "Leaders" and hold a Q+A here on this site...

Hmm... y'know, I think you're on to something there... :chinscratch: