Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Android and Adobe Digital Editions?

Out of curiousity, I tried to get a library book on my Replenish as I do on my Kobo but the Replenish doesn't show up in ADE. I realize it is more likely to be a) user error or b) something with my phone rather than an android thing and I do have the Kobo for that but do any of you guys checkout library books via ADE on Android devices?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What app are you trying to read it with on Android? There is the Overdrive app (doesn't support sideloading you download the book with the app), Aldiko (should show up in ADE), Mantano (should show up in ADE I think, haven't tried) and Txtr (IIRC you upload the book through their website and then download with the app or something like that).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That probably explains it. I have the Kindle ap, the Kobo ap, and FBReader. I have just downloaded the free version of Aldiko and the Overdrive ap. Thanks very much.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks again, AnemicOak. Aldiko is much better than that FBReader. I put a Lafcadio Hearn, the only Gutenberg book thus far on the phone, onto Aldiko, where it displayed much better and I deleted the FBReader.

I checked out a library book just to see how that works. I can't put it onto Aldiko but I can read it directly in the Overdrive ap. Thanks again!