View Full Version : Finale files (.mus) in Epubs?

SamL
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if you can embed or place Finale files (.mus) in an epub? Right now I have them working as embedded PDFs, but I thought it would be worth a try.

I'm working on a guitar music book, so I have jpegs for the tabs, and when you click them, it opens a PDF that you can zoom on the see better. (this is only in iBooks.) However if Finale files worked in epubs, I could just skip the step of converting them to PDFs.

Anyone have experience with this, or just general experience with sheet msuic in epubs?

Jellby
06-22-2011, 04:33 AM
You can embed them like anything else, but I'm pretty sure you won't find any ePUB reading application that can open them. You can consider yourself lucky if it works with PDFs (neither PDF nor MUS are required by the ePUB specification).

SamL
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info Jellby. What I am trying to do is make a epub that teaches you a song on guitar. So there is a paragraph of text, audio examples and then sheet music. The sheet music/tabs are too small as jpegs, so I'm playing around with alternative ways to display them. PDFs and SVGs work ok, but a little clunky.

JSWolf
06-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I believe you can do this with iBooks. But how, I have no idea.