Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Ethics Bob
Ethics Bob began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
ASUS Sync doesn't recognize my Eee pad transformer

I'm trying to sync my ASUS Eee Pad transformer using the ASUS Sync program I downloaded from ASUS. When I connect my Transformer to my PC, the PC recognizes it but my ASUS Sync program tells me, "No Device Found." How can i get around this?
Ethics Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Do you see a Window Icon with the sync symbol in the bottom right of your transformer?

If so, click on that. If the ASUS Sync program is running on your PC, both devices
should try and connect.

Luck;
Ken

PS; If you don't want to actually sync your callender or contact list, you don't
need ASUS Sync running to move files between the devices, just use explorer.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-21-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Ken-
Did your Asus come with Android 3.1 or are you going to have to upgrade. If you are going to upgrade, how is it done? Have you found any hidden goodies with your Transformer?

I had finally made up my mind to buy a Transformer and then they announced the Thrive. The way these tablets are hitting the market I could end up with a bad case of analysis paralysis if I don't get off the pot.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Ken-
Did your Asus come with Android 3.1 or are you going to have to upgrade. If you are going to upgrade, how is it done?
Can't speak for Ken, but I got mine right after he posted that he got one and mine did not come with 3.1, but did an OTA update as soon as I went through the initial setup and connected to WiFi.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, for some of us this is a "Brave New World" with new terms and ways to accomplish
things. I'm guessing that "OTA" = "Over The Air" and that, that references an automatic
update offer (like nearly every time I turn-on Calibre). You will be seeing them for the
"Apps" as well. Mine came with 3.0 and but as noted you get the update notice during
the initial setup and I must have found the right place to poke the thing to make it
happen.

One thing you might want to give more thought to, than I did, is how much use you
will get from the keyboard. I find that I'm not using mine, the way I thought I might.
It maybe because I haven't been especially mobile myself lately, I've pretty much stuck
close to home base where I have more familiar tools at my disposal.

Another is that I'm still playing around with the fingerpaint OS idea and it is still so new
to me, at least using it on such a big screen. The tablet part of the Transformer is what
has my attention now.

As far as jumping into a tablet now, it is really still a new toy, early adopter sort of
thing, whatever you get now will not likely live up to what is available in a few months,
no matter what you buy. So I would advice that you consider the actual use you may
find for the device, unless you can afford to find that you may have spent an awful lot
of money for something that isn't really that useful, or that much fun.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-23-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Thanks guys,

I can't seem to make up my mind; Transformer or Thrive. But I think Ken maybe right about the use of the keyboard which tips the scales toward the Thrive.

Procrastination: Keep it up long enough and you'll save lots of money.

Regards -John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I think an auxiliary battery only cover/stand would be neat. It would be able to open
so that where the keyboard is now is the bottom surface and the pad would lean back
over that. It would also have a switch on the cover/aux battery base to isolate the
battery when you are just using it as a cover for the pad's screen.

Luck;
Ken