View Full Version : scanned PDF?????

xtdn20008
06-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Hello, everyone!
I am a student needs to read a lot of PDF e-book, part of the scan. I like EDGE, dual-screen design, but to us ask a few questions:
1.EINK screen can not rotate it? Andrews 2.2 The new system is to rotate the display?
2. I need to do a lot of notes, scanned PDF files can be annotated and notes it?
3.EVERNOTE can use? Can a PDF file in EINK point, while the LCD with EVERNOTE take notes, or WORD, EXECLE file editing?
I am also concerned about the NOTION INK ADAM, which uses POXELQI screen, I do not know which is more suitable for me.

We look forward to answers! Thank you!

emusan
06-18-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't know about the third question, but I'm pretty sure you can rotate the eink screen and you can annotate any file that you can open on the e-ink. Unfortuantely you can't annotate while its rotated to my knowledge.

Hope this helps!

Oh and in the future, one question mark will do fine lol...

xtdn20008
06-18-2011, 01:22 AM
thank you verymuch!
hear the news ,I am very glad! If scanning PDF can annotate, I Like it!
Expecting othes replyothers .

Last_of_the_PEs
06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
guessing English second language is yours... That or xtdn20008 is really Yoda.

As for PDFs. I'd recommend finding someone with Acrobat Standard or better and doing OCR on the scanned source. That way, you can capture/search text.

ivanjt
06-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I would say a good place to start would be in the archived old Edge forums where everything you have asked has been answered.

The efficient use of scanned PDFs depends on which version of the edge you get - the standard large edge, which I have, works very well with scanned manuals. The pocket edge will have some problems mainly centred on the need to zoom the PDF for easy reading and the fact annotations can then be a problem and scanned PDFs do NOT re-flow text.

I do endorse Last_of_the_PEs comment re doing OCR on the scanned PDF if you want to search text. It would also be a great help with zooming but I should mention that there will be some work involved if there a tables and diagrams in the document.

I can't comment on evernote because I don't use it.

Franky
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Hello, everyone!
I am a student needs to read a lot of PDF e-book, part of the scan. I like EDGE, dual-screen design, but to us ask a few questions:
1.EINK screen can not rotate it? Andrews 2.2 The new system is to rotate the display?
2. I need to do a lot of notes, scanned PDF files can be annotated and notes it?
3.EVERNOTE can use? Can a PDF file in EINK point, while the LCD with EVERNOTE take notes, or WORD, EXECLE file editing?
I am also concerned about the NOTION INK ADAM, which uses POXELQI screen, I do not know which is more suitable for me.

We look forward to answers! Thank you!

Ola student..
1. as far as I know, you've gottah use programs like Briss to change a PDF. That way your able to use it rotated.
2. I scan a lot into PDF, hop them in the library and from thereout you can annotate them.
3. I was reading about people with evernote and when I recall it correctly, they do have it on there eDGe. It could be that you've gottah upgrade with this beta Ermine.

haven fun with your eDGe :2thumbsup

Last_of_the_PEs
06-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Books I really like I've exported back out of PDF, re-flowed in Word, then re-published to PDF, so they are readable on the PE. I format the pages to 5" wide by 8" high and use 12 or 14pt. font. That process is pretty fast unless I mark chapters and include a table of contents. I actually linked the chapters in PDF on one book, but that's really time-consuming.

The problem I've had with rotating the display on the eInk side, is that every page turn requires rotating again.