View Full Version : A different wifi problem on the Edge

geckoFeet
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I know it's different from everybody else's because the symptoms are different, rebooting doesn't help, and I'm not like everybody else.

Mail (the built-in app - that's K-9, right?) worked under Dingo fine, but now there's a different kind of beast, and K-9 doesn't get along with it. No problem receiving mail, and I thought, wrongly, no problem in sending mail (no error messages, for example), until I looked in my outbox and saw a bunch of msgs that had never been sent, were busy in there, gathering dust. Oh, so that's why people weren't writing me back.

OK, something misconfigured in the outgoing-server world, but everything looked right. And that's where the wifi problem kicked in: everytime I went to reconfigure or check the outgoing server settings, the wifi clicked off. And, I hadn't noticed before, everytime I tried to send mail, the wifi clicked off.

This is not fun. Any suggestions (for having fun, if not for fixing the machine)?

Edit: I'm in Boston for the Early Music Fest. Any other edgers around?

emusan
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry, but I have no idea what's causing your problem... however, I am located just north of boston... how long are you staying? Maybe I can come out and visit lol...

ivanjt
06-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Gecko, have you tried the Froyo Email that came with the update? It works without problems for me.

geckoFeet
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, I did figure the problem out. It's not an EdGE problem, since it happened on my android phone, also. I'm guessing that the 2 wifis (what's the plural of that?) that I tried it on block outgoing mail (perhaps by blocking port 25) that doesn't connect via their own system, presumably in order to prevent illicit mail relaying. Since the android phone works fine connecting via 3g/4g and not with wifi, it's definitely a wifi issue.

This is another reason I hate the world. On the other hand, in some places in Europe, they pronounce wifi "veefee," so that makes me feel a bit better.

emusan
06-18-2011, 12:42 AM
glad to hear its all sorted... I've never heard "veefee" myself, though I hope to some day :). Hows the music fest so far?

Franky
06-18-2011, 09:12 AM
This is another reason I hate the world. On the other hand, in some places in Europe, they pronounce wifi "veefee," so that makes me feel a bit better.

Oops, you wanna talk about it? Europe is in very bad shape, it's currently serious "sick"..

My eDGe is still in Dingo and I've got sometimes the same problem with this K9 stuff. I works, but also not.

when I check out my mails using a browser, I see often mail who are not on my eDGe. Why? not a single clue. Sending mails is working, but now and then it's stuck in sending items.