View Full Version : Book Designer

cftall
09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I just downloaded BookDesigner 4.0,then I downloaded the latest update in its own folder. Then I copied and pasted all the updated files to BD in my program files. It dosent seem to work. How do I know if the BD files were overwritten by the updated files? Im new at this. HELPPPPP.

cHARLIE:blink:

NatCh
09-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm assuming that you installed the original files in the first place. :nice:

If you dragged the update files into the BD directory and answered "yes" to the "do you want to overwrite" then it would have overwritten them just fine.

Which OS are you using? There are, for example, some particulars that must be observed with Vista that don't matter for XP, so we'd need to know that before we could give you any sort of suggestions of things to try. :wink:

cftall
09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Im using Vist home premium 32 BIT. I installed original files first, then dragged the files over to the BD directory in programs but didnt get asked if I wanted to overwrite. A few files asked if I wanted to replace existing files or did I want to keep both files. But that was it. musta done something wrong.

charlie

JSWolf
09-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Im using Vist home premium 32 BIT. I installed original files first, then dragged the files over to the BD directory in programs but didnt get asked if I wanted to overwrite. A few files asked if I wanted to replace existing files or did I want to keep both files. But that was it. musta done something wrong.

charlie

Have a look at post #52 in this thread.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786&page=4

It give directions on how to install Book Designer in Vista and also all the Book Designer files you need are attached in that thread. Including 07/30/2007

cftall
09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Did all of the above. In BD when I try to open a book from my library I get msge. cannot unpack palm file.

charlie

JSWolf
09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Did all of the above. In BD when I try to open a book from my library I get msge. cannot unpack palm file.

charlie
Looks like the format may have changed. Dunno.