View Full Version : Chainfire 3d

kennyminot
06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I found this program designed to increase graphics performance for 1ghz devices. It installs and appears to work. So far, my experience is that it makes Angry Birds Rio totally playable, and Angry Birds without the background is awesome. The only problem is that it adds a blue tone to all the birds, which is a little strange if you are accustomed to their bright red color.

Check it out here:
http://www.mobileboxs.info/android-apps/root-chainfire3d-pro-v1-2/

Didn't seem to improve performance much on Fruit Ninja. :-(

emusan
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
did you overclock to achieve the recommended 1+GHz or were you just running it on base?

kennyminot
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I just ran it.

It also says it requires OpenGL ES 2.0, but it seemed to work fine without it.

ete
12-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi kennyminot!

Which Android version do you run? Ermine 2.2?

Thanks
Stefanie

MasterTec
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Stefanie I'll warn you now that this post is several months old. We have since discovered that Chainfire has bricked some of our PE devices (including mine) and don't recommend anyone use that software as a result.

The Edge's weak point is the video chip and it tends to overheat very easily so pushing it to get more performance out of it with something like Chainfire simply isn't a good idea.

vicinc
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
text based games I am afraid on this tablet.

johnseeking
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Tracked down Game Dev Story v1.0, and it runs like a champ. No flames even.

ete
12-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Stefanie I'll warn you now that this post is several months old. We have since discovered that Chainfire has bricked some of our PE devices (including mine) and don't recommend anyone use that software as a result.

The Edge's weak point is the video chip and it tends to overheat very easily so pushing it to get more performance out of it with something like Chainfire simply isn't a good idea.

Filark
12-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Tracked down Game Dev Story v1.0, and it runs like a champ. No flames even.

I just googled what Game Dev Story is -- looks like fun! Where did you find it?? :D

johnseeking
12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
I just googled what Game Dev Story is -- looks like fun! Where did you find it?? :D

Well... I bought it on sale for 10 cents at Android Market during one of Googles 10B days. Then my Allmine PE crashed and burned. After I reinstalled stock Ermine, I just googled around and found it. (My sad self-justification being that I since I couldn't redownload what I just paid for, I would feel no guilt in using an apk found in the wild.)

I'll PM you a link to my dropbox. Take it for a spin (my equivalent of handing you my PE for an hour or so) and if you like it, you might be able to send some cash to the developers, maybe? Or email them to see if they would consider putting it on Amazon Appstore or Orkitra or somesuch.

Market Link (https://market.android.com/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.gamedev3en&hl=en)

Dev Website (http://kairopark.jp/iphone/en/)

Filark
12-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you, Keeper of the Cheese! :D

I've never felt bad about googling for apks. I try to be careful about which websites I use -- no pirates, no malware -- but I haven't worried about shorting the developers. Maybe I should . . . .

I'll try the game later today. :)