View Full Version : Different font sizes in an Ebook !?!

JPS
06-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi !

One of the ebooks (in Epub format) I downloaded lately contains 129 pages and I read it up to page 29 !

The problem is that the text on page 30 appears in a much smaller font than onthe previous pages... (so small that I can't read what's written !). The following pages are back to a "normal" size !

http://www.pbase.com/scherrer/image/135400623/original.jpg

What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?

Heeeeelp !

:blink:
J-P.

aktarian
06-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Have you tried zoom? By the look of it it's second button from right. I found such discrepancies in books that were not originally ePub but converted to it.

JPS
06-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the idea !

I did try to zoom in, but it doesn't work: it goes to the next page (which shows a "normal" size font !)

:(
J-P.

Adjust
06-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Maybe that page is an image?

JPS
06-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Naaan ! When I read it thru Calibre, that page does appear like a text, with the font just the same size as the rest !

:blink:
J-P.

JSWolf
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
The only way to know what's going on is to look inside the ePub. You'll need to look at the XML for the page with the too small text and see if it is an image. If not, you'll them also have to look at the CSS that will mostly likely need fixing.

shall1028
06-16-2011, 04:03 AM
What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?

Well, with only the screen shots and your text to go on I am going guess that it is bad mojo. Have you been making the appropriate propitiations to the ePub gods?

Of course if you could post the ePub here for us to poke around "under the hood" we might be able to come up with a more satisfactory diagnosis. I still like the bad mojo angle though.:)

JPS
06-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Thanks guys for the tips...

Meanwhile the problem has been solved by some guy on another forum, to whom I sent the file and he "cured" it !

;)
J-P.

JSWolf
06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
If you had attached the file here, you'd have had your answer sooner.

Adjust
06-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys for the tips...

Meanwhile the problem has been solved by some guy on another forum, to whom I sent the file and he "cured" it !

;)
J-P.

Any chance on giving back to the community by letting us know what the solution to the problem was? :p