View Full Version : Request Transferring ownership

Rustyworld
06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Greetings all...

I was wondering how you transferred ownership of your PE now that the company seems mostly down. I recently purchased a red one on Woot & successfully upgraded to Froyo. I've had no problems but have decided it's not for me & wish to sell it. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Rustyworld

emusan
06-07-2011, 05:30 PM
how much would this be selling for? And would you perchance be interested in a trade?

And to answer your question, just remove your info from there(accounts etc.) to do this I think you go to settings->privacy->factory reset. There is little point in having your account info there anyway, given that the company isn't around anymore...

larka
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
You don't need to transfer ownership, you might want to do clean re-install of Froyo and not registering device and apps with Adobe and other providers (Amazon, etc.). Registering with Entourage is not needed for anything now. Or simply do factory re-set and new owner will upgrade as they want without registering.

obsessed2
06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I bought a used EE a few weeks back and the previous owner told me the only thing he did before transferring it to me was do a Factory Reset. This will erase personal data and leave the Operating System in tact. Go to Settings - Privacy - and select Factory data reset. This will relieve of having to hassle with reloading the OS.

Rustyworld
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
how much would this be selling for? And would you perchance be interested in a trade?

And to answer your question, just remove your info from there(accounts etc.) to do this I think you go to settings->privacy->factory reset. There is little point in having your account info there anyway, given that the company isn't around anymore...

Thanks for the quick response all!

I'm not sure what to sell it for. I'd like to get my $150. back. I also have a pink case that I would throw in. What kind of trade? Can we talk about this here?

Rustyworld