View Full Version : plants vs zombies on the edge?

dcgogo
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
hi, sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area, i'm new and just got an edge. I snagged the pvz apk from amazon market (i'm running 2.2 froyo) when it launches i get a black screen with an hourglass icon - then it just crashes and takes me back to the desktop of the tablet... Anyone on here get it to work?

thanks!

emusan
06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
nope, I've had similar problems(mine doesn't crash but just hangs on the black screen, sometimes music will play a bit), I don't think that there is any way to fix it, as its most likely due to the eDGe hardware not being able to run the game.

yugami
06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
nope, I've had similar problems(mine doesn't crash but just hangs on the black screen, sometimes music will play a bit), I don't think that there is any way to fix it, as its most likely due to the eDGe hardware not being able to run the game.

Emusan, do you have the Android SDK setup? If so hook your edge to your computer and run 'adb logcat > log.txt' in a terminal window.

then launch the game

Then go back to the terminal once the game is fully froze up and hit ctrl c and run notepad log.txt

You can scan the system logs for errors.

dcgogo
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks for replying emusan and yugami :D

on a side note, - have you guys had any luck with the move application to SD card option? Everytime i try (with any app) i get failed to move to sd

Sjarrel
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Option to move app to sd-card doesn't work.

Filark
06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I tried Plants vs. Zombies, too. Got music with black screen first try, black screen second time. It is a huge file compared to my other apps (73MB?). I was thinking maybe if I killed everything else it might run, but not worth it to me so I deleted it. Still have it to try again if someone finds us more app storage/memory/graphics/CPU or whatever the game needs. :D