View Full Version : Hi. Thanks for having this place!

horizen
05-28-2011, 11:15 PM
My name is Matt. I live in extreme northern CA on the coast just south of the OR border. I took the rash action of selling my Kindle DX and buying an Edge (EE) used.

I am pleased so far. The contrast on the reader side is much poorer but I'm loving the tablet functions. I have my decal girl burlwood applied, Ermine stable, etc. which only left introducing myself to the other survivors in the life raft.

I lurked on this forum and read a bunch on the original for a week. I almost canceled my auction when the store closed but I was so impressed by the sense of community and stubborn loyalty to the device that I stuck with the plan.

I look forward to helping to row the raft...wherever we want to take it. We will never be lost if we are content where we are.

emusan
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi there, welcome to the forums!

Did you have any problems registering your EE with the entourage site? Also, the official forums are back up for now, though I don't know if you can still register on them.

And I like the raft analogy :)

Latinandgreek
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Matt, I hope that you continue to enjoy your EE.

horizen
05-28-2011, 11:50 PM
no problem registering the device or the entourage store (for whatever that's worth now). But the site username/pass don't work for the forum, as other newbies have indicated.

Matt

emusan
05-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Thats too bad about the forums :(, at least you can browse them, and most people seem to be moving discussions over here anyway.

You wouldn't happen to be an android developer or guru or UB3R H4XX0R by chance would you? We could really use one to get this thing opened up software-wise lol.

Filark
05-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Welcome, horizen!! :)

I admire your choice in ereaders! :p

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask questions or offer insights. ;)

neilmarr
05-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Good to have your new company, Matt. Very best wishes. Neil

sarah11918
05-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Matt! We're nothing if not stubbornly loyal. ;)

Glad you made your way here. It looks like this will be the main hang out for most of us when/if the other forum eventually goes down.