Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Google Wallet

No discussion of this?

Quote:
Google unveiled its wireless payment system and its new Groupon-like deals site at a press event in New York on Thursday. Called Google Wallet and Google Offers, the two features can operate either separately or together to make it easier to pay for things in person and get deals while shopping.

"Our goal is to bring together all the pieces of the ecosystem. Your phone will be your wallet. Just tap, pay, and save," Google VP of commerce Stephanie Tilenius told the crowd. "We believe 2011 and beyond will be the age of MoLo—Mobile Local commerce."
You'll never hear the phrase MoLo pass my lips.

Quote:
Among other things, Google Wallet will be able to store your credit card information (Google's launch partners include MasterCard and Citi) as well as loyalty rewards, purchase points, and any saved-up Google Offers that might apply. Then, users who have Near Field Communications (NFC) enabled Android phones will be able to simply whip out their devices when shopping and tap them on electronic payment processors in order to get deals and pay for their goods.

Google said that more than 20,000 US merchants—including Macy's, Subway, American Eagle, Jamba Juice, CVS, and Walgreens—are already set up to work with Google Wallet, which functions with the PayPass systems that many merchants already have in their stores. Users don't even have to open up the Google Wallet app in order to pay, either; if they've already chosen which cards they want to use, they can simply tap the phone on the PayPass terminal.
I think this is in use in other country's already, but I'm going to be veeeeeeery wary about using it.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...let-offers.ars
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i'm very picky about what passwords i keep saved on my mobile devices, so keeping cc info i just a bit too much.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
it's interesting. As long as you have your phone password protected when turning it on or waking it up , it's actually safer than if you lose your wallet.

I think this is already in use in Japan.

It does seem like the natural progession. we've gone from a cashless society (debit cards) and are now in the infancy of a card less society.

With our phones things are heading towards an almost pocketless society. You can start your car with apps, open your house with apps, so no more keys. And to have coupons and your "cash" on your phone etc,

The Future in Now.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote