View Full Version : Somewhat complete (official) forum backup!

emusan
05-26-2011, 11:41 PM
I spent the last few days creating a backup of the official forum using HTTrack, a website copier. It's a little fiddly and I don't think I got the whole forum(in fact I'm know for a fact I didn't), and the search doesn't work, but I'm zipping it up and I will upload it to my personal site soon-ish (all 3+ GIGS of it, wow), in case the official forums actually go down and people want all of the info that's here. UPDATE: I got the whole forums now, there is now over 8 gigs of info on there!
There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, Google custom search is up! Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

Hopefully someone finds this useful :)

link (http://adf.ly/26POO) - I know that the site isn't pretty, consider it a work in progress, but it works.(please note, the link has been updated to go through adfly, 5 seconds of your time will help my continued development on this device as well as web server costs, if you really don't want to use it, PM me and I can send you a direct link. If adfly leads you to a survey, back out and don't do anything there, these kinds of things are against the adfly TOS and they are working to remove them, thanks!)

If anyone is able to get a bug free backup of the board, let me know and I'll host it :)

ENJOY!

EDIT: updated information, etc.

Batman Jr.
05-27-2011, 03:21 AM
This may be just in time - seems like the enTourage site may have really gone dark this time.

Last_of_the_PEs
05-27-2011, 05:51 AM
@emusan
I also used the utility you suggested to grab a copy. My "tree" is quite a lot smaller, so maybe I got even less of the content? Looking at it, it seems I only got the first post in each thread. Can you let us know how much of the content you actually retrieved?

(now that you won't be distracted by the EdgeHacker forum... :) :) )

Thanks

HardBall
05-27-2011, 08:25 AM
This may be it; and whatever is backed up might be the only stuff salvageable from the old site.

paula-t
05-27-2011, 10:15 AM
I am downloading it now. Thank you for your work.

The EntourageEdge forum has been a live, dynamic and witty tutorial-site sustained in a quite exemplary way, thanks to many knowledgeable, respectul, funny and generous people. It deserved to be kept somehow and you have made that possible. It will probably become the silent partner of all the Edge users until their Edges die out.

emusan
05-27-2011, 10:36 AM
@emusan
I also used the utility you suggested to grab a copy. My "tree" is quite a lot smaller, so maybe I got even less of the content? Looking at it, it seems I only got the first post in each thread. Can you let us know how much of the content you actually retrieved?

(now that you won't be distracted by the EdgeHacker forum... :) :) )

Thanks

Pretty much every sticky(that I've looked at anyway) has been completely saved(all posts, etc.), aside from those, every post on the first bunch and last few pages of every sub-forum has been saved, unfortunately the middle pages in the subforums did not get saved for every sub-forum(as far as I can tell, they may be hiding somewhere).

As I stated though, there are ~3GB of data there, which is a TON to go through on my own(I'm also working on other projects, including possibly a new "store" app, which should work as a replacement for the official Entourage one). I'm trying to filter through it myself, but I can't make it a priority quite yet.

Unfortunately I don't think that anyone has a full backup, and to my knowledge this is the most complete, so it will have to do for now.

EDIT: it seems I have also captured the various update.zip's for what seems to be a few different versions, whether any of these are more recent than what was officially released I'm not sure, but it might be worth checking out :)

froydman
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Note that this is a copy of my post from the official forums, so when I refer to "these" boards I mean the official ones, I'll try and edit them out but you never know.

I spent the last day-ish creating a backup of the official forum using HTTrack, a website copier. It's a little fiddly and I don't think I got the whole forum(in fact I'm know for a fact I didn't), and the search doesn't work, but I'm zipping it up and I will upload it to my personal site soon-ish (all 3+ GIGS of it, wow), in case the official forums actually go down and people want all of the info that's here.

I'll try and make it searchable and viewable without downloading the whole bunch of forums, but until then this will have to do.

Hopefully someone finds it useful :)

http://somestupidwebsite.com/download/edgeforums/index.html - I know that the site isn't pretty, consider it a work in progress, but it works. Also note that the file is ~1 gig, so please don't download it more than once, I do have to pay for this.

If anyone is able to get a fuller backup of thosese boards I'll be happy to host it, but until then this will have to do. I'll also try and update it when I can but it takes some time.

ENJOY!

Downloading now...I bought the pocket edge on w00t three days before they announced they're killing support for the device, and these archives (the official ones) were a godsend until today at midnight when they seem to have taken them down.

Do you have a paypal address or something you could PM me? I'd like to kick something towards the bandwidth cost for the download!

emusan
05-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Do you have a paypal address or something you could PM me? I'd like to kick something towards the bandwidth cost for the download!

I'm not accepting donations right now, especially considering that the forum appears to be back up(though for how long is anyone's guess), also because none of the useful information backed up is by me, its other peoples posts... I am beginning work on a store app to replace theirs(considering they've shut pretty much everything down), and I may accept donations after that gets released.

Thanks for the offer though :)

emusan
05-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I kidna want to bump this and ask how everyone's download speeds are(if you are downloading the backup). Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I found out why this one was incomplete, and I am currently doing another run on the site with that problem hopefully fixed. Whether or not I'll be able to get it all is up to when entourage removes the board, but it should at least get some more.

sarah11918
05-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks again for your work on this, emusan. I'm not going to dowload until it becomes evident I need to, but when I do, I'll report back speeds and any issues so you can troubleshoot.

emusan
05-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks again for your work on this, emusan. I'm not going to dowload until it becomes evident I need to, but when I do, I'll report back speeds and any issues so you can troubleshoot.

Hopefully by tomorrow that wont be necessary, the current backup I'm making should be far more complete, and because of some new HD space I'm getting on my server I'll be able to host it live(instead of inside an archive). Right now I'm looking into ways to make it searchable, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

sarah11918
05-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Right now I'm looking into ways to make it searchable, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

I'm sure you've probably already thought of this, but once the mirrored/hosted site gets archived by google, would it suffice to have some kind of google search that includes the site: parameter? Would that at least suffice?

emusan
05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm sure you've probably already thought of this, but once the mirrored/hosted site gets archived by google, would it suffice to have some kind of google search that includes the site: parameter? Would that at least suffice?

yes, I think that would work, I was also thinking of putting on one of those google custom search things, the only problem is I don't know how easy it would be to edit the backed up pages(if its even possible), and if not then I would have to create a separate page on my site for searching through the forums, and I'm not entirely sure how that would work out. There is still time though, as I estimate it will be another day(at least) before the backup is finished, there were A LOT of posts on that board lol.

emusan
05-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that the new forum backup (after 1.25 days of running) is done as far as I can tell. Final size seems to be ~6-7 gigs(HTTrack is removing duplicate and unnecessary files right now), which is a good sign. After a quick look over it seems to have grabbed almost everything(I checked page 26 of the general boards, and one thread there seems to have had a few pages oddly formatted). I have yet to look over much else, but the outlook is good.

I wont be doing another backup for at least another few weeks(if the forums are even around then :(), as I don't have the time to devote to it, however if someone else wants to I'll be happy to host it when they're done.

I've said this elsewhere, but I'll ask again, if anyone knows of any good way to make this searchable I would love to know, so far I'm thinking of possibly a page outside the backup with a google custom search using an index of the backup, but if anyone knows another way please let me know(I don't think that modifying the backed up pages themselves would be easy to do, and to add the search to each one would take a lifetime(I'd estimate ~200000 pages in total)).

I'll start uploading the backup to my server tomorrow, and it will be viewable live this time(as opposed to an archive) due to a nice increase in HD space I just bought. Sorry to those who downloaded the archive the first time, I didn't expect to have another chance at backing up, and at the time my server was quite full.

EDIT: I have started uploading it to my server, due to the size it may take until tonight for me to make it live(possibly even longer), I'll post again once its up.

good153
05-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Many thanks for your wonderful effort.

emusan
05-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, I've gotten the new backup up and running, this one seems to be complete, though of course i haven't looked at every possible thread/post.

There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, I'm currently working on getting a google custom search on there. Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

If anyone wants a download of the full backup for offline viewing I can also put it up, its all in a .tar.gz file that is ~2GB.

EDIT: you can find the new version at the same link :)

EdgeHacker
05-31-2011, 11:55 PM
I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

What nonsense, you do realize that Google is not the end-all and be-all for everything Internet (or android, or search). I keep bumping into new people who think Google invented open source. :blink:

There are FREE non-Google services out there, that provide everything Google does (just not in one big fat, unwieldy package), if you just search for it. And they DON'T dump a ton of ads on the results page. This includes free services that parse a web site into a search engine function. (May I suggest searching with scroogle (http://www.scroogle.com), ixquick (http://www.ixquick.com), or ask (http://www.ask.com)?) I'm suspicious that you seem not aware of any free sevice outside of the ever-ubiquitous Google.

$100? You're asking for $100/month just to get rid of Google ads? Something's fishy with your approach. No one's gonna go for that; in fact you just make your online associates somewhat wary as to your real intentions, and your so-called programming "expertise". (And, I might add, DIMINISHING Mobile Read's reputation in the process.) :eek:

I just checked out your web page, and I was, to be honest, vastly underwhelmed. It's a terribly amateurish attempt at webmastering, which is no big deal except on that site, you offer your web building services based on your supposedly advanced skills in HTML and CSS. I seriously doubt anyone will take you up on that, or that anyone ever has. :smack:

Let's see: Someone else NOT part of your clique, announces here, a replacement forum for Entourage's own forum that would soon end. So you promptly attack and accuse me (the new forum's creator) of trying to sabotage the eDGe community. And of course, some of your equally-juvenile cohorts join in, attempting to flood my threads with insults and garbage, which would frighten away most potential members. I have since moved these obnoxious comments to its own forum called "Trollitorium" for anyone to peruse your foolishness, here:

http://bedgehackersforum.runboard.com/f9

Now, you're setting up your OWN eDGe support service, and already talking about $$$. How pathetically transparent of you! You don't want any free eDGe support popping up, as it might cut into your scheme to squeeze money from the wallets of disenfranchised Dualbook customers. So you do what you can to destroy them. I just made it too easy for you, by naively announcing my new board here at Mobile Read and at Entourage...never dreaming that such a nasty cabal embedded itself in both locations.

I'm so glad I've decided to ban you and your monkey clique via IP number, as well as username! What a bunch of babbling, bogus-boasting baboons!

:rofl:

emusan
06-01-2011, 12:13 AM
What nonsense, you do realize that Google is not the end-all and be-all for everything Internet (or android, or search). I keep bumping into new people who think Google invented open source. :blink:

There are FREE non-Google services out there, that provide everything Google does (just not in one big fat, unwieldy package), if you just search for it. And they DON'T dump a ton of ads on the results page. This includes free services that parse a web site into a search engine function. (May I suggest searching with scroogle (http://www.scroogle.com), ixquick (http://www.ixquick.com), or ask (http://www.ask.com)?) I'm suspicious that you seem not aware of any free sevice outside of the ever-ubiquitous Google.

$100? You're asking for $100/month just to get rid of Google ads? Something's fishy with your approach. No one's gonna go for that; in fact you just make your online associates somewhat wary as to your real intentions, and your so-called programming "expertise". (And, I might add, DIMINISHING Mobile Read's reputation in the process.) :eek:

I just checked out your web page, and I was, to be honest, vastly underwhelmed. It's a terribly amateurish attempt at webmastering, which is no big deal except on that site, you offer your web building services based on your supposedly advanced skills in HTML and CSS. I seriously doubt anyone will take you up on that, or that anyone ever has. :smack:

Let's see: Someone else NOT part of your clique, announces here, a replacement forum for Entourage's own forum that would soon end. So you promptly attack and accuse me (the new forum's creator) of trying to sabotage the eDGe community. And of course, some of your equally-juvenile cohorts join in, attempting to flood my threads with insults and garbage, which would frighten away most potential members. I have since moved these obnoxious comments to its own forum called "Trollitorium" for anyone to peruse your foolishness, here:

http://bedgehackersforum.runboard.com/f9

Now, you're setting up your OWN eDGe support service, and already talking about $$$. How pathetically transparent of you! You don't want any free eDGe support popping up, as it might cut into your scheme to squeeze money from the wallets of disenfranchised Dualbook customers. So you do what you can to destroy them. I just made it too easy for you, by naively announcing my new board here at Mobile Read and at Entourage...never dreaming that such a nasty cabal embedded itself in both locations.

I'm so glad I've decided to ban you and your monkey clique via IP number, as well as username! What a bunch of babbling, bogus-boasting baboons!

:rofl:

please read my post.

I know I shouldn't respond, but I'm getting a little tired of this. I've been trying to ignore the hateful posts by you and your friends, but its a little hard to at this point(and I can't find that ignore button :( ).

1. The $100 is google's price for removing the ad's(take it up with them), not mine, and I honestly don't expect anyone to donate money. As I said, the ad money would go into hosting(if I made any), but I honestly don't expect it to pay much at all, in fact I encourage the use of Ad Block Plus on my site(and any other).

2. none of those sites you link to offer a custom, embeddable search engine function(at least none that I could see), which is what I really want/need. If you or anyone else finds me one that I can set up in a small amount of time I'm all ears!

3. none of those search engines have the forums indexed(I'm currently waiting on google to do this).

4. I don't see how the look/feel of my own site has anything to do with this, and I've never claimed to be good at HTML/CSS, in fact I've done quite the opposite.

5. I've never offered a support service, nor will I, my support is free as long as I'm willing to help you on the forums(I'll help with problems that intrigue me, and pretty much every other one).

6. Your problems on YOUR site have nothing to do with this board, a moderator has already made this clear.

7. Your problems with google have nothing to do with this topic.

I'm going to notify a mod of your post(just letting you know)...

Oh, and there is a user on your forum who wants to know if anyone is backing up the support and there is in fact, I'm not going to say who(given how I was greeted with mine I don't know if they would want to lol), but they're working on it.

EdgeHacker
06-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I've been trying to ignore the hateful posts by you and your friends

Easy to do 'cause there aren't any. Just truthful remarks. Now you feign "innocent victim," after messing with my board. Nice guy! :rolleyes:

The $100 is google's price for removing the ad's(take it up with them), not mine, and I honestly don't expect anyone to donate money.

Absurd as Google's fees are, your even bringing this up is equally absurd. It's simply your subtle way of guilting folks into coughing up some moolah in your direction. :chinscratch:

I encourage the use of Ad Block Plus on my site(and any other).

NOW you do, because I just got you in a corner, and you're squirming. Hmmm.

none of those sites you link to offer a custom, embeddable search engine function

I never said that. They're search engines, which I suggested you use to search for a free search engine function, instead of using Google. I'm not interested in holding your hand, to help you track down a good one. They're out there, I know because I use them for my own sites. There are MANY webmaster freebies, including localized web-search tools.

But I'm sure you already know that, considering your "expertise". Therefore, your naivete in this matter strikes me as feigned...as if you're attempting to cover up your tracks. (Tracks made of dollar signs, I presume.)

I might also add that Google's free services and tools are overhyped, including their search engines. I have yet to find an alternative freebie that isn't at least is good as--and often BETTER--than what Google offers.

I don't see how the look/feel of my own site has anything to do with this, and I've never claimed to be good at HTML/CSS, in fact I've done quite the opposite.

Here it is then:

"I have completely hand-coded this site in html and CSS and any images used I created and took myself. If you are at all interested in hiring me for web or graphic design(or just about anything else), see my contact info in the email section."

Anyone can read it here:

http://somestupidwebsite.com/about/index.html

Your problems on YOUR site have nothing to do with this board, a moderator has already made this clear.

The moderator has not bothered to check out your ridiculous rants and accusations on my new board. Furthermore, I have no problems on my board, that were not the results of you and your measly cohorts from THIS board, messing with mine, in quite a negative manner.

Furthermore, if the moderator had any sense, he'd ban you and some others for messing with another's board. Perhaps he also likes the idea of thwarting my board, eh? Without taking any of the blame himself, of course.

Your problems with google have nothing to do with this topic.

What you call "problems" are simply scurrilous business practices on Google's part, that I am pointing out.

I'm going to notify a mod of your post(just letting you know)...

Oh the horror. Go run to your mommy, like I really care. She'll eventually catch on to your lies, and get sick of you tugging on her skirt every time you wanna get a free pass to do something naughty. :rofl:

PS: My god, don't you even know how to trim quotes, so your replies won't be buried under a mountain of redundant previous comments?

dreams
06-01-2011, 01:55 AM
MobileRead is an international, family-friendly, discussion-based community and as such everyone is entitled to share his or her opinion politely and to receive the same in response.

For those who may be unaware, our posting guidelines (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_posting_guidelines) are located here. Please take a moment to read them and our expectations for continued posting in our community.

The MobileRead Moderation Team

North19
06-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Emusan, in terms of the backup you made (and thank you again), what can we do to minimize load on your servers? Is it best if we wait to browse?

emusan
06-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Emusan, in terms of the backup you made (and thank you again), what can we do to minimize load on your servers? Is it best if we wait to browse?

Now that its viewable online the load should be minimal. If you want to download the full archive I can make it available, but I will probably only distribute the link to people through PMs to cut down on bandwidth due to its size. But feel free to read through the online version as much as you want.

sarah11918
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
The moderator has not bothered to check out your ridiculous rants and accusations on my new board.

Despite how you may conduct your board, it is not actually a function of a moderator to scour the internet for what members may be doing elsewhere online. To suggest that this moderator has somehow been delinquent in their moderation duties by "not bothering" to visit your board is absurd.

Furthermore, if the moderator had any sense, he'd ban you and some others for messing with another's board. Perhaps he also likes the idea of thwarting my board, eh? Without taking any of the blame himself, of course.

You are now accusing the mods here of attempting to screw with your board, and I find that deplorable. Again, despite how you conduct yourself as a board moderator, I regret to inform you that it is not a typical moderator duty to "thwart" other boards.

5thWiggle
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I know I shouldn't respond, but I'm getting a little tired of this. I've been trying to ignore the hateful posts by you and your friends, but its a little hard to at this point(and I can't find that ignore button :( ).

emusan: Click on the Ignoree's name above their avatar, and choose Ignore from the popup list. Poof, problem gone :D

emusan
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
There is now a .torrent file containing the whole backup(in .tar.gz form) available on the same page on my site. I'll try and upload as much as I can, but I do turn off my computer on occasion, so it would be great if everyone could seed as much as possible. I personally seed to 2.0 for most things(probably at least 10 for this though, if not more), if everyone does that then we will have no problems getting it to everyone!

And thanks 5thWiggle, I'll be sure to do that after I clarify a few things.

emusan
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll try to keep this as civil as possible, but I'm sick of edgehacker and his friends destroying my threads, after this post he will be ignored, and if he wants to continue this he can do so through PM's(probably on other boards, as these ones may be blocked by the ignore).

PS: My god, don't you even know how to trim quotes, so your replies won't be buried under a mountain of redundant previous comments?

why yes I do, I didn't have time before, but I may as well now(I'm assuming quoting mods and the rules is fine, please let me know if it is not). Hopefully, you will realize from this post, that most of your questions and concerns have been answered(a few times by yourself).

I just checked out your web page, and I was, to be honest, vastly underwhelmed. It's a terribly amateurish attempt at webmastering, which is no big deal except on that site, you offer your web building services based on your supposedly advanced skills in HTML and CSS. I seriously doubt anyone will take you up on that, or that anyone ever has.

"I have completely hand-coded this site in html and CSS and any images used I created and took myself. If you are at all interested in hiring me for web or graphic design(or just about anything else), see my contact info in the email section."

no statement about my being good at html/css anywhere here(see how you just answered yourself, read your own posts in the future lol). "hand coded" != "advanced skills" ask anyone. Not to mention that the actual coding of my site is perfectly fine, its the design thats the problem, hence why I state it is a work in progress, again not that it should matter. If you've ever heard of programmers artwork you'll know what I mean, I SUCK AT DESIGN.

I still fail to see what my about page, on my personal website that hasn't been updated in months has to do with this discussion.

and now I shall quote the rules on this:

Threads have a life of their own and may stray in all sorts of directions. However, if the original poster, or a moderator, requests that a thread stay on topic then please respect their wishes. You could start a thread of your own about the new topic, if you want.

my personal site is not a part of this topic, so I(as the OP) am asking you to create a new thread about it, or leave it be, your choice.

Absurd as Google's fees are, your even bringing this up is equally absurd. It's simply your subtle way of guilting folks into coughing up some moolah in your direction. :chinscratch:

If you will notice, I have not given a method of donating to me as of yet. Why would I bother making others pay without giving a method to pay me? Simple logic, I DO NOT want to be paid for this. As I have said many times, there is an app that I am working on that I will accept donations for, but nothing until then.

I never said that. They're search engines, which I suggested you use to search for a free search engine function, instead of using Google. I'm not interested in holding your hand, to help you track down a good one. They're out there, I know because I use them for my own sites. There are MANY webmaster freebies, including localized web-search tools.

(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears)

read what I said. I don't have time to research this, if you or anyone else has alternative that doesn't have ad's let me know. The $100/month is, as I said, googles price to remove the ad's, I'm not dumb enough to believe that people would actually pay that much, but I'm giving people the only options open to me as the webmaster. If you have a problem with the ad's, YOU fix it! lol its not my job in the least.

But I'm sure you already know that, considering your "expertise". Therefore, your naivete in this matter strikes me as feigned...as if you're attempting to cover up your tracks. (Tracks made of dollar signs, I presume.)

Again, never said expertise, and again, I've stated the opposite many times.

I might also add that Google's free services and tools are overhyped, including their search engines. I have yet to find an alternative freebie that isn't at least is good as--and often BETTER--than what Google offers.

7. Your problems with google have nothing to do with this topic.

AGAIN, make a new topic for your google hate, and read my posts.

And last but not least, the blatant rule violation:

Oh the horror. Go run to your mommy, like I really care. She'll eventually catch on to your lies, and get sick of you tugging on her skirt every time you wanna get a free pass to do something naughty. :rofl:

When things get controversial please disagree with the opinion, not the person.
A rude comment is still rude, even if you follow it with a smiley, “just kidding” or “I’m only joking” or “This is meant to be humorous.”

And I'm guessing that the smiley in your case is not "just kidding"

The rest of your post can be answered by this:

Moderator Notice

Edgehacker and emusan - Please take your disagreements OFF SITE NOW. This is not the place to argue about something that happened on another board.

Note that I have not taken any action against you or your board since the moderator stepped in. However(as sarah has stated), your post is clearly fueled by what happened over there.

It should also be noted that his post in this thread occurred right after a PM I sent him on his board trying to clarify a few things, and his second post occurred not long after a second PM I sent, neither of which he has responded with there, but he seems content with bringing those problems over here.

Now, lets get this back on topic.

geckoFeet
06-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Now, lets get this back on topic.

Nice try, but there's a bison on your board. I've seen it there myself, and you should be made aware of this fact.

Also, trying to download your board backup via torrent; can't connect (happens a lot). If you think it'd be at least marginally useful to put the thing on Stinky, my little server (with a fast connection), please PM me the direct link.

But that bison is still there.

emusan
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Nice try, but there's a bison on your board. I've seen it there myself, and you should be made aware of this fact.

Also, trying to download your board backup via torrent; can't connect (happens a lot). If you think it'd be at least marginally useful to put the thing on Stinky, my little server (with a fast connection), please PM me the direct link.

But that bison is still there.

Are you referring to the picture at the top of my site? If so I'm glad you know its a bison and not a buffalo as most people incorrectly call them. The photo was taken in yellowstone, AKA the greatest place on earth imho.

My computer may have dropped offline while I was having lunch, the torrent should work, as one user has already completed it. There is one peer right now using KTorrent(going really slowly), is that you? If not perhaps your firewall or ISP is blocking the ports?

geckoFeet
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
'tis I running Ktorrent, via a VPN, so speed is err
at
ic.

The bison is a problem, and I don't want to hijack the thread, but once at the zoo in Washington DC, the bison ate all the apples that were intended for the collared peccaries (a.k.a. "javelinas") next door. Plus they're also housed next door to the peccaries in the zoo in Providence, RI. Plus they're housed right with the peccaries in the zoo in Ueno, Tokyo. All of which is very peculiar, because the ranges of the animals in the wild aren't even close to each other.

Anyway - I suggest VERY STRONGLY that you protect your apples, and also your peccaries, if you have any.

This has been a public service announcement. We now return this thread to its previous topic.

emusan
06-01-2011, 03:19 PM
'tis I running Ktorrent, via a VPN, so speed is err
at
ic.

lol okay, as long as it works. And feel free to host the .torrent file, though it really doesn't use up any bandwidth, and because I'm using a different site as a tracker the actual downloading wouldn't really be affected.

Once you've got the file you can also host another copy of the backup if you like(backups of the backups, its inception all over again!!!!), though it is quite large once unpacked...

geckoFeet
06-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, the tar/zipped file is also at http://dustyfeet.com/edge in case anybody wants it (I can't imagine why) and doesn't want to bother with the torrent (that, I can imagine why). I'll continue to seed the torrent file as well, for no particular reason.

emusan
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
it never hurts to have extras out there should any one of the other options go down...

emusan
06-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Search is now up(link (http://somestupidwebsite.com/download/edgeforums/search.html))! I know its a bit pointless now with sandbirds backup, but if you want a second opinion by google or if you want to consult some posts made after his backup(there aren't many but you never know), mine is now available! Just go back to that same page and you should see the link. There are ads, and if you don't like them, use sandbirds(also linked, I hope he doesn't mind), or just ABP them to death lol(I actually had ABP turned on when I was testing and thought it may not have any after all lol). If I actually get any money from them(doubtful because google) it will go back into keeping the server up and running.

I have also added links to dustyfeet's page with tons of goodies in case anyone is looking for them, again, I hope he doesn't mind(and they can be removed if he chooses).

ENJOY!

ptsenter
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Entourage used to have source code for Coyote and Dingo.
Does anybody have them by chance?

emusan
06-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Entourage used to have source code for Coyote and Dingo.
Does anybody have them by chance?

I think what you are referring to was the source code they released of a few of their proprietary applications, however none of them accessed the e-ink so I don't think they are particularly useful, if you still want them I'm sure someone has them, though they aren't much more useful than any other android code...

ptsenter
06-07-2011, 01:17 AM
They still have lists of files - based on that it was much more than a few apps. And I'm not asking about e-ink specifically, but just what's available.

emusan
06-07-2011, 01:27 AM
OK, here's the link to the support article with all the downloads: link (https://www.entourageedge.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=162), and I think some people have backups of it as well. Hope you find something useful to do with it ;).

ptsenter
06-07-2011, 03:09 AM
That's the list I was referring to, but each link on that page fails. I wouldn't ask otherwise in the first place.

Alexander Turcic
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Complete forum archive: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242

;)

5thWiggle
06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Complete forum archive: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242

;)

:thanks: