View Full Version : Secure Mobipocket Decoder v0.3

Aenea
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi there!

Are you like me? Looking at all those titles available at ebook stores only available in Mobipocket format and you're not sure if it's wise to buy them? Because, well, what if they go bankrupt, or offline again or, even worse, your reader doesn't support the format natively?

Well, I say: GO BUY THOSE NICE BOOKS, LOTS OF THEM :)

Why? Read more here: link removed

Aenea

PS. If the above URL doesn't work then the DNS hasn't been changed yet by your ISP. You can try this one instead (same site, different alias): link removed

AdamB Edit: The links have been removed at the request of iRex as the program uses copyright code from the iLiad's viewer.

There's a new verion, v0.4 which does not contain any copyrighted code. As a result you do need to get hold of the cf-card-reset file from iRex...

The URL is: http://aenea.xs4all.nl/

Nate the great
09-04-2007, 05:09 PM
The readme does not have a suffix. I assume it is a script?

Nate the great
09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Can you add nonDRM mobipocket format as output?

Aenea
09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
The readme does not have a suffix. I assume it is a script?

Eh no, it's just a text file...

Aenea

Aenea
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM

That is possible, yes. Maybe in a future version...

Aenea

JSWolf
09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
It works with DRMless MobiPocket books.

_Sin
09-04-2007, 05:23 PM

I think the question was more whether it could turn a DRMed file into a non-DRMed file, rather than output either as HTML.

And I imagine the problem is that the util is *probably* (I've not looked at it too hard, I might well be wrong) just the innards of the normal reader application, which decodes the files into the HTML they contain. In that case, doing a conversion or choosing formats isn't going to be easy - you might as well reprocess the HTML into something directly yourself.

Nate the great
09-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Yes, but it only outputs html right now. I want non DRM mobipocket format because both the Cybook and the Iliad have the requisite reader.

JSWolf
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes, but it only outputs html right now. I want non DRM mobipocket format because both the Cybook and the Iliad have the requisite reader.
HTML2LRF and use your Sony.

Aenea
09-04-2007, 05:31 PM

You can also use the free Mobipocket ebook creater which can create DRM'd and DRM-less ebooks...

Aenea

Aenea
09-04-2007, 05:33 PM

And if you want to read a DRM'd Mobipocket ebook on a device which supports the format, why convert it at all?

I have an iLiad and I do convert my ebooks, but just for savekeeping, when I read them I just put the DRM'd version on the iLiad...

Aenea

Liviu_5
09-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Brilliant software!!

Nate the great
09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
I want to buy ebooks now, and read them on a Mobipocker reader that I might buy 3 years from now. The format is nothing special, but it works.

When I asked you to do the output, I assumed that you bypassed the DRM and exported the html as two separate steps. If that is wrong, then I withdraw my request. I did not intend to cause you more work.

Aenea
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I want to buy ebooks now, and read them on a Mobipocker reader that I might buy 3 years from now. The format is nothing special, but it works.

When I asked you to do the output, I assumed that you bypassed the DRM and exported the html as two separate steps. If that is wrong, then I withdraw my request. I did not intend to cause you more work.

It's okay, my program just decrypts and extracts the files contained in the mobipocket ebook. If it's HTML you get a .html file, if it's text you get a .txt file, etc. But to be honest, I converted many of them and all contained html and images...

Aenea

PS. A small tip for the people that don't know: after buying a nice bunch of mobi ebooks the past weeks I found paperbackdigital to be the cheapest in most cases, just a tip :)

JSWolf
09-04-2007, 11:33 PM
PS. A small tip for the people that don't know: after buying a nice bunch of mobi ebooks the past weeks I found paperbackdigital to be the cheapest in most cases, just a tip :)
Is Paperbackdigital cheaper then booksonboard?

Aenea
09-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Is Paperbackdigital cheaper then booksonboard?

Nine times out of ten: YES! Well, at least for the books I bought! And yeah, BoB is kinda cheap too, but you can shave off a few more cents :)

An example:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=11953
https://secure.paperbackdigital.com/t_ebook.php?s=3&c=141&tid=19050

or:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=106745
https://secure.paperbackdigital.com/t_ebook.php?s=3&c=136&tid=15742

And then there's the rebate thing making your next order even cheaper...

Aenea

HarryT
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Hi there!

Are you like me? Looking at all those titles available at ebook stores only available in Mobipocket format and you're not sure if it's wise to buy them? Because, well, what if they go bankrupt, or offline again or, even worse, your reader doesn't support the format natively?

Well, I say: GO BUY THOSE NICE BOOKS, LOTS OF THEM :)

Why? Read more here: removed

Aenea

PS. If the above URL doesn't work then the DNS hasn't been changed yet by your ISP. You can try this one instead (same site, different alias): removed

Aenea,

Can you clarify something, please:

Is this being done using iRex's source code for the iLiad MobiPocket reader? If so, do you have their permission to use it in this way - ie, is this a 100% legal conversion tool?

I'm not asking whether or not the use of the tool is legitimate, but whether or not the tool itself is.

hkabir
09-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Hi Aenea, you just saved my life. I purchased some books from Mobipocket.com website, and after the recent crush of the website, I couldn't get into the website even after the new password process since I don't have access to my email account I've with them. Mobi people didn't resolve the matter yet after several repeated request. Your program helped me to get the access to the books. DRM books are so troublesome! I remeber Richard Stallman's warning not to buy DRMed ebooks unless you crack the DRM. I definitely want the books 'free as is freedom'. I don't my freedom to read a book that purchased at stake.

Alexander Turcic
09-05-2007, 09:19 AM
While I congratulate Aenea for his programming skills, I'd like to urge everyone to respect other people's copyrights. This said, we received word from iRex that the Mobipocket Decoder is in violation of the copyright laws that protect the source codes both from iRex Technologies and from Mobipocket.

As a consequence, we were forced to remove the links. Thanks for your understanding.

Karel
09-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Aenea

We would like to stress that the usage of the iRex Technologies and Mobipockets JAR files is in violation of copyright laws.

I can understand people's objection against DRM and I might have my own personal opinions about it but it does not warrant anybody to violate copyright laws nor will it do any good to those involved.

Thanks for understanding

Karel

TadW
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
We would like to stress that the usage of the iRex Technologies and Mobipockets JAR files is in violation of copyright laws.

Aenea, could you just offer the patch/diff file? This would be perfectly legit.

nekokami
09-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe with a script to apply the patch....

HarryT
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
If there were to be a "diff" file, who would it be usable by? Only people who own an iLiad?

nekokami
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes... and on reflection, the patch would probably still run afoul of the DMCA. :(

HarryT
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes... and on reflection, the patch would probably still run afoul of the DMCA. :(

Not if it were being used with the copyright holder's permission, surely?

nekokami
09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Not if it were being used with the copyright holder's permission, surely?
You think Mobipocket is going to give permission to patch their product to remove DRM? (Am I confused as to what this patch does?)

Adam B.
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Only if hosted and installed in the US. ;)

HarryT
09-05-2007, 12:18 PM
You think Mobipocket is going to give permission to patch their product to remove DRM? (Am I confused as to what this patch does?)

No, you misunderstand me. What I meant was that MobiPocket's code for their reader obviously quite legitimately "unlocks" the book so it can be read by the devices that the file is keyed to. That code clearly does not violate the DCMA. It's only a DCMA violation if a 3rd party writes code to bypass somebody else's DCMA.

If a legitimate iLiad owner used a program "sat on top of" MobiPocket's code, but directed the unlocked output to a file rather than to the screen, I suspect that would be "legit", provided that one was fully licenced to use the original code (ie as an iLiad owner).

I could of course be wrong :).

nekokami
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
HarryT, I'd be very surprised if you're right on this. There have been quite a few well publicized cases recently where media publishers have gone after people who made "unlocking" tools available to break various forms of DRM. I've picked up a pretty strong impression that in the US, distributing the tools themselves is illegal under the DMCA. I don't agree that this should be the case, but I think that's the way the US law reads currently.

(Isn't it ironic that we should be having this somewhat role-reversed conversation?)

Aenea
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Aenea

Hee Karel, well, okay, it's gone now, so :) And yes, I do understand, didn't want to make it very public at 1st, but some people were asking for it... Pitty though, I know there are plenty of people like me who didn't buy DRM'd ebooks, now I do...

Aenea

Aenea
09-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Aenea, could you just offer the patch/diff file? This would be perfectly legit.

Yes, it's possible, I almost finished a version which doesn't need to be patched and to test it out I wanted to download the cf-card restore image, but they smartly moved it behind your iRex account, so only people with an iLiad can download it!!!

Never mind though, people know it can be done, if something happens to mobipocket I can put it out there again. Besides, before that happens I will have finished my next project which might be able to do the same :)

Aenea

Aenea
09-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Is this being done using iRex's source code for the iLiad MobiPocket reader? If so, do you have their permission to use it in this way - ie, is this a 100% legal conversion tool?

To answer your question: NO, I did not use their source code. I used their compiled code, wrote a couple of utilities in C to change references and other stuff in the class files and used a decompiler. Then I had to change lots of code by hand to get it to recompile again and spent a lot of time analyzing the code so I could use it for my purposes...

In the future I will write something which doesn't need any of their code, in binary or otherwise...

Aenea

IceHand
09-05-2007, 05:00 PM
But you might get into trouble with the guys from Mobipocket, because you'll violate the EUCD/DMCA. Though I'd really want your program :shy:

NatCh
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
He can't violate the DMCA -- he's not in the U.S.

IceHand
09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Well ok, but he is a she. (Totally unrelated, I know :D)
There's still the EUCD, isn't there?

NatCh
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Well ok, but he is a she. (Totally unrelated, I know :D)Unrelated, perhaps, but not unimportant. Thanks for clarifying for me. :nice:

There's still the EUCD, isn't there?I'm not real familiar with the EUCD or how it would apply here, if you've got more info on it, then please do share. :yes:

From a quick perusal of the Wikipedia article on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Copyright_Directive), it looks like it's probably holier than all the cheese in Switzerland. :shrug:

IceHand
09-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm not real familiar with the EUCD or how it would apply here, if you've got more info on it, then please do share. :yes:
As far as I know it's basically the same as the DMCA: It's prohibited to circumvent copy protections and offer software which does so.
One of the bad side effects is that it became impossible to legally watch copy protected DVD's with free software (almost every DVD is copy protected with CSS). Of course I still watch DVD's on my Linux system, although it's not legal :shocked3:

Aenea
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
But you might get into trouble with the guys from Mobipocket, because you'll violate the EUCD/DMCA. Though I'd really want your program :shy:

I made a new version v0.4, it's at http://aenea.xs4all.nl/ and it does not contain any copyrighted code from either iRex or Mobipocket...

It is a bit more difficult to get all the necessary files though...

And as for the DMCA, well, I can, as a non-US citizin circumvent a DRM legally...

Aenea

Adam B.
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I made a new version v0.4, it's at http://aenea.xs4all.nl/ and it does not contain any copyrighted code from either iRex or Mobipocket...

And as for the DMCA, well, I can, as a non-US citizin circumvent a DRM legally...

Aenea

Excellent! Since it's code is separate from the viewer, this should work with any updates to the mobipocket viewer. Great work! :2thumbsup

HarryT
09-06-2007, 02:23 AM
HarryT, I'd be very surprised if you're right on this. There have been quite a few well publicized cases recently where media publishers have gone after people who made "unlocking" tools available to break various forms of DRM. I've picked up a pretty strong impression that in the US, distributing the tools themselves is illegal under the DMCA. I don't agree that this should be the case, but I think that's the way the US law reads currently.

(Isn't it ironic that we should be having this somewhat role-reversed conversation?)

Oh well - it just seems a reasonable thing to do, but I'm certainly not a lawyer and nobody said that the law had to make sense :).

DeGodefroi
09-06-2007, 06:10 AM
The main reason I hate DRM is:
1. I buy the movie/book etc and want to use any of my own devices.
2. Too many times the service closes down and most drm ends up locked for ever. I never ever ever agree to a expiration timer on my stuff.
Ofcourse, if there was a month timer on an ebook but it is just 1 dollar, ok I choose that.
I am very much interested in Mobipocket, but I am jittery about the DRM versions due recent incidents. So this software will be great. I am looking forward to a full easy to use version to back up DRM mobipocket into non DRM (or to read it on any other device or reader, e.g. FBreader).
So..attagirl!

IceHand
09-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Here's a tool I wrote a while ago for myself which does not use any of Mobipocket's code. Python implementation is not too fast but gets the job done. Was planning to use it for adding secure mobi support to FBReader once I get around to porting it but I guess the cat is out of bag now...

Right now it only decrypts. I do have an implementation of Mobi Huff decompressor but there's some bug in it which causes wrong output at the end of decompressed text... If anyone is willing to debug it, I'll send the source.

Version 0.1 (http://projects.mobileread.com/reader/users/igorsk/demobi-0.1.zip)
I would like to help, but I don't think I have the knowledge to do so (I only know some basic C++ and Shell scripts). Maybe you should make a new thread?

Alexander Turcic
09-07-2007, 05:09 AM

Aenea

My respect, Aenea. Thanks for reacting so promptly. :knuddel:

wallcraft
09-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Here's a tool I wrote a while ago for myself which does not use any of Mobipocket's code. This failed for me on on Harvard Classics, Vol. 10: Wealth of Nations (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/BookDetails.asp?BookID=36213), which costs $0.99. I don't think the DMCA applies, since it is hard to argue that this book is copyrighted. The conversion completed, but MobiPocket's Windows Reader v 6 crashes when opening the out.mobi file. It also still displays as junk when opened by FBReader.

By the way, MobiPocket PID's don't always have "$" as the 8th character. A modified version that discarded the last 2 characters out of 10 and ignored the "$" worked for me even on a PID without the "$".

RWood
09-08-2007, 03:19 PM
This failed for me on on Harvard Classics, Vol. 10: Wealth of Nations (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/BookDetails.asp?BookID=36213), which costs $0.99. I don't think the DMCA applies, since it is hard to argue that this book is copyrighted. The conversion completed, but MobiPocket's Windows Reader v 6 crashes when opening the out.mobi file. It also still displays as junk when opened by FBReader.

By the way, MobiPocket PID's don't always have "$" as the 8th character. A modified version that discarded the last 2 characters out of 10 and ignored the "$" worked for me even on a PID without the "$".
Here is a link to the MobileRead Harvard Classics Mobi version of Vol 10. (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12425) No DRM at all.

In fact, the entire Harvard Classics series is available for free at MobileRead. (http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Harvard_Classics_Available_at_MobileRead)

Blue Tyson
09-09-2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, I saw one book I was looking at that was about 5 dollars cheaper there. :)

:D:2thumbsup

Blue Tyson
09-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Hee Karel, well, okay, it's gone now, so :) And yes, I do understand, didn't want to make it very public at 1st, but some people were asking for it... Pitty though, I know there are plenty of people like me who didn't buy DRM'd ebooks, now I do...

Aenea

Fair chance you could double their sales of mobipocket only books! :)

JSWolf
09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Here's a tool I wrote a while ago for myself which does not use any of Mobipocket's code. Python implementation is not too fast but gets the job done. Was planning to use it for adding secure mobi support to FBReader once I get around to porting it but I guess the cat is out of bag now...

Right now it only decrypts. I do have an implementation of Mobi Huff decompressor but there's some bug in it which causes wrong output at the end of decompressed text... If anyone is willing to debug it, I'll send the source.

Version 0.1 (http://projects.mobileread.com/reader/users/igorsk/demobi-0.1.zip)
I can help beta test. I have a book that has such encoding that your program fails with. I don't think I can sort out the code issue though.

[e:\e-books\mobipocket]demobi.bat itshourcomeround4.prc
demobi.py itshourcomeround4.prc XJ6M28H$B2
Mobipocket decoder v0.1. Copyright (c) 2007 Igor Skochinsky
Encryption: 2
compression: huffman
Mobi publication type: 2
Mobi format version: 4
Decrypting........................................ .........done.
Output written to out.mobi

imaredr
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM

Aenea

I'd like to know if this works on Windows XP. I am really interested in this app, but I can't make heads or tails on this.

Ellen

wallcraft
09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I was able to get v0.4 working under Linux, but not under Windows XP.

If there was no prospect of a solution free of MobiPocket code, then the next obvious step would be to add a simple GUI interface that accessed the existing run.bat script to make it easier to use. This would not help with finding the MobiPocket Java files though.

Since there is a good chance that someone will come up with a stand-alone program to crack MobiPocket files, I suggest waiting a while to see what becomes available.

imaredr
09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Wallcraft! I thought that some of the commands seemed like Linux.

Ellen

Aenea
09-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I'd like to know if this works on Windows XP. I am really interested in this app, but I can't make heads or tails on this.

Ellen

The run.bat is for windows and the run.sh is for Linux... You have to run it from the command-line though...

1) Extract the mp-0.4.zip (or mp-0.3.zip) to C:\mp
2) install Sun's Java JRE (-> java.sun.com)
3) Start menu->Run->cmd.exe
4) C:
5) cd \mp
6) run.bat <prc file> <your PID> <output dir>

<output dir> only wit 0.4 not 0.3...

Aenea

PS. It also runs on Mac OSX or any other platform running Java...

JSWolf
09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I'd like to know how to get version 0.4 to run under Windows please. Thanks.

Adam B.
09-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd like to know how to get version 0.4 to run under Windows please. Thanks.

See the post above you. It's very simple as long as Java is installed correctly.

JSWolf
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
See the post above you. It's very simple as long as Java is installed correctly.
I have Java properly installed. But I get the following error message...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aenea/mobipocket/MobiDecoder

Adam B.
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
It sounds like you don't have the java viewer from the iLiad in the directory.

JSWolf
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
It sounds like you don't have the java viewer from the iLiad in the directory.
When it was available I did download the java viewer. But how do I get it out of that container format it's in?

imaredr
09-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aenea/mobipocket/MobiDecoder

I got the same error

Ellen

Aenea
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM

the run.bat looks for decoder.zip, MobipocketCoreReader.jar and irex.jar in the same directory as your run.bat... If any one of them is not there it will not work...

Aenea

imaredr
09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
the run.bat looks for decoder.zip, MobipocketCoreReader.jar and irex.jar in the same directory as your run.bat... If any one of them is not there it will not work...

Aenea
So the next question is where are these files? I have no Linux experience and the following directions is where I am thrown. I believe it is for linux so what is the equivalent for Windows? The directions are:

Mount the file app.image as a filesystem image: sudo mount app.image /mnt -o loop
- Copy the needed jar files: cp /mnt/home/intent/*.jar /usr/bin
- Unmount: sudo umount /mnt
- Unzip mp.zip
- Copy run.sh and decoder.zip to /usr/bin

If you have put the script and/or the decoder.zip/jar files not in /usr/bin, you will have to change the run.sh script file.

Ellen

Aenea
09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
When it was available I did download the java viewer. But how do I get it out of that container format it's in?

I made a slight mistake in the run.bat file. On Windows the jar/zip files are seperated by a ; instead of a : So if you edit run.bat and change the 2 :'s to ;'s it should work...

Aenea

Aenea
09-14-2007, 01:47 AM
So the next question is where are these files? I have no Linux experience and the following directions is where I am thrown. I believe it is for linux so what is the equivalent for Windows? The directions are:

Simple answer: there are none, not easy ones any way. The program will work under windows if you manage somehow to get the missing files. I'm sorry I can't give them to you. You might ask someone else though... ;)

Also, the run.bat has a little mistake, change the part that reads:
irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip
to:
irex.jar;MobipocketCoreReader.jar;decoder.zip

Aenea

imaredr
09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Aenea,

I have the irex files since I own an iLiad. I was just wondering about the same thing that JSWolf said: Moving them from the container. I will go and edit run.bat and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Ellen

wallcraft
09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I have the irex files since I own an iLiad. I was just wondering about the same thing that JSWolf said: Moving them from the container. I just ordered an iLiad, so I don't have direct experience yet, but if you have an iLiad I think the easiest way to get the needed .jar files is to copy them from /home/intent on the iLiad to (say) a USB stick on the iLiad. Then move the USB stick to your PC. This way there is no need to go through the mount/unmount step (which I assume is only needed for non-iLiad Linux machines). Then:

1) Extract the mp-0.4.zip to C:\mp
1a) Edit run.bat (change ": " to ";")
1b) Copy the iLiad .jar files from USB stick to C:\mp
2) install Sun's Java JRE (-> http://www.java.com/getjava/)
3) Start menu->Run->cmd.exe (or Start menu->Accessories->Command Prompt)
4) cd C:\mp
5) run.bat <prc file> <your PID> <output dir>\

End the output directory name with the directory delimiter ("\" on Windows).

If you are new to cmd.exe, note that <tab> will complete a filename (or a partial filename) if you have typed enough letters to uniquely identify it and the arrow keys will bring up previous commands and allow you to edit them.

Alan.

Adam B.
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
If you have an iLiad, you can download mrxvt and run the following command.

Be sure to note the spaces.

To copy java files to your USB key:

cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/usb/

To copy java files to your SD/MMC card:

cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/card/

To copy java files to your CF card:

cp /home/intent/*.jar /mnt/cf/

imaredr
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Wallcraft and Adam thanks for the directions. I will try this

Ellen

JSWolf
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Wallcraft and Adam thanks for the directions. I will try this

Ellen
Did it work?

imaredr
09-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Did it work?

I got the files off of my iLiad thanks to Adam. I had to get the shell hack and mrxvt then install etc. The terminal window is so small I had to use my magnifying glass to make sure I was typing correctly. So now I will try to run the decoder and I will let you know.

Ellen

imaredr
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks all. I got it to work.

edit:
I no longer have the files so please stop PMing me for them.
Ellen

voodoo
06-03-2008, 07:15 AM
hi all...

sorry for this but,
where can I download "Secure Mobipocket Decoder v0.3" or 0.4 ...!!?

wallcraft
06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
For most purposes, you can use Mobipocket Decoder Tool (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20341) instead.

voodoo
06-06-2008, 12:55 PM
For most purposes, you can use Mobipocket Decoder Tool (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20341) instead.

really thx 4 ur help...

I've followed all the posts, but many Links are broken...! at last, I can't find any useful application...!

I just want a simple Link, or simple application, or maybe simple help(!) that DeCodes my mobipocket ebook.

thx for this in advance.
:thanks:

wallcraft
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Googling mobidedrm now finds many copies of the file, but DarkReverser's WebLog (http://darkreverser.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/new-blog/) is the closest reference to the original (look at its most recent comments).

artbatista
06-14-2008, 04:00 PM
There is a .torrent around, look in XXXXXXX.

Art

illiad_fan
07-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Simple answer: there are none, not easy ones any way. The program will work under windows if you manage somehow to get the missing files. I'm sorry I can't give them to you. You might ask someone else though... ;)

Also, the run.bat has a little mistake, change the part that reads:
irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip
to:
irex.jar;MobipocketCoreReader.jar;decoder.zip

Aenea

Hi Illiad gurus, I'm an Illiad newbie, I'm researching about Java Illiad SDK. However, I have not bought an Illiad yet. I intend to discovery the SDK before buying one. Could you please send me the link to download these files: irex.jar:MobipocketCoreReader.jar:decoder.zip:book 2::thanks: