View Full Version : How do I register for the entourage forum?

mrlanrat
05-23-2011, 06:20 PM
How to I log into the "official" entourage forums?

I was just given an entourage edge from a friend, I created an account and registered the device on the entourage site, but when I go to the forums it says I must login or regester, the forum login asks for a username, while the entourage site uses your email (email does not work as the username) and when I click regestar it wasys I am already logged in.

Or has new user registration beed disabled because the edge is dying?

Thanks!

Tinah
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I haven't been able to get into the Entourageedge Forum either. That's why I'm here. Seems there are many still 'over there' tho that aren't in this Forum...so it is kind of frustrating to not being able to post 'over there'

geneven1
05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
You can register for the site over there but not for the forums in my experience.

Last_of_the_PEs
05-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Apparently as part of their shutdown, or whatever they're going through, Entourage isn't handling forum account additions. If you are already on it, you can get to it and post, but if not, you're stuck viewing.

People over there are aware of the shutdown and this forum, and many have joined here. This is about the only alternative, with an Entourage-specific forum section, probably because the Entourage has an eReader component. Other Android sites/forums are great for Android-centric issues, but don't address things that apply exclusively to Entourage devices.

Filark
05-23-2011, 08:11 PM
If you have questions you want posted there, post them here and I (or maybe Last_of! ;)) will post them there (I try to check both forums every day). You can at least read the enTourage forums, I hope!! :)

I think it's sad/funny/ironic that the last user able to sign up for the enTourage forum was named "UnHappyCamper". :p If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the main forum page you can see who's on and who last signed up. If it ever changes from UnHappy, you might be able to get in. ;)

Meanwhile, if you don't have it, here's the link: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php

mrlanrat
05-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies.

@Filark I wanted to post this on the entoutage forum: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134237
Feel free to repost it there if you want. I just wanted to get that out there so that people can still upgrade if the service goes down.

Filark
05-23-2011, 08:34 PM
hehe!

I did it before I even read your request! :D I think there will be some happy people when they read your post! ;)

EdgeHacker
05-25-2011, 06:52 AM
This is about the only alternative, with an Entourage-specific forum section

There is now a new Entourage Edge site as of two days ago. I've already announced this in another thread, yesterday, but in case you (and others) missed it, here is the new forum:

Edge Hackers Forum
http://tinyurl.com/edgehackers

Last_of_the_PEs
05-27-2011, 02:55 AM
That's good because as of 11pm PST on 5/26, I can't get entourageedge.com to come up at all. Not even the forum.

Maybe it will come back, but maybe not.

sarah11918
05-28-2011, 03:06 PM
It's working for me now, but of course, who knows for how long.