View Full Version : My new Pocketbook Pro 903

mssmit
05-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi, new to this form so I wanted to say hello and I have a few questions:

1. in Calibre i tagged some PDF's. Is it right that the Pocketbook ignores tags on a PDF?
2. Is it right that you cannot sort on Author on the device?
3. Can I change the dictionary widget on the front (Eng->Rus) into En->NL?
4. Anyone lucky to make a bluetooth connection between the Pocketbook 903 and a HTC Desire? I'm getting an erro (PPP connection failed)

Thanks in advance!
Martijn

Sil_liS
05-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Welcome mssmit!

1. If I remember correctly Pocketbook was seeing the tags that I made, but I prefer navigating the folders, so I can't say for sure.
2. Same thing, I have folders with the author's name, so for me they are sorted by author if I look at the folders.
3. The image of the widget on the front doesn't change with the change of dictionary, but you can change the dictionary.

Sil

troll05
05-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi, new to this form so I wanted to say hello and I have a few questions:

1. in Calibre i tagged some PDF's. Is it right that the Pocketbook ignores tags on a PDF?
2. Is it right that you cannot sort on Author on the device?
3. Can I change the dictionary widget on the front (Eng->Rus) into En->NL?
4. Anyone lucky to make a bluetooth connection between the Pocketbook 903 and a HTC Desire? I'm getting an erro (PPP connection failed)

Thanks in advance!
Martijn

Congratulations to your new reader and welcome to MR:thumbsup:

1.) Unfortunately yes, not only on PDF, but all formats except epub (at least in the library, where he accepts tags as "Genre"):angry:
2.) Yes/No:o You can't sort by author in the library, but in Calibre you can build a folder structure (preferences->sending books to device) that has e.g. {author_sort}/{tags}/{title} and access this via the file folder in your reader. That way you also build a kind of working "tag" with your PDFs (e.g.{tags}/{author_sort}/{title})

mssmit
05-11-2011, 03:45 PM
thank you for your quick responses! Do you guys know if the sortting on author will be a future feature?

paola
05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
thank you for your quick responses! Do you guys know if the sortting on author will be a future feature?

Hi mssmit: you can already do it by following troll's instructions when sending your books to the device with calibre - they will show as ordered by author in the "file" view of the library :)

mssmit
05-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Great people here on this forum; never had so quick the asnwers/help I was looking for. Thank you very much. And by the way: I managed! thanks!