View Full Version : ePUB quality question

SomeNewGuy
05-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I have encountered several web sites offering higher and lower quality ePUB conversion. Since I`m a beginner in all of this, I don`t know what do they mean by this. If you could explain, I`ll be very grateful? :)

Adjust
05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Depends what they mean by "quality"

Probably image quality

I can't imagine it would be quality of OCR

JSWolf
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I have encountered several web sites offering higher and lower quality ePUB conversion. Since I`m a beginner in all of this, I don`t know what do they mean by this. If you could explain, I`ll be very grateful? :)

URLs?

SomeNewGuy
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
It seems that I can`t find the site, but while searching I found something else. Like this one: http://www.lulu.com/services/pre-publishing/epubconversionservice
They charge more for more pages. When I saw that I thought that I don`t know exactly who does the process of conversation to ePUB or other formats go. I`v been using Calibre I thought that after that I just need to find some errors and that`s it. Can someone tell me why do they charge more for more pages and maybe some more detail on how this conversation works??

JSWolf
05-10-2011, 07:02 PM
If the source is PDF, it might be worth it. But if not, not really. I can do conversions pretty well with Calibre. I don't do PDF conversion as they are not worth my time and effort.