View Full Version : I just got an edge pocket and need help!

Penru
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
In the library there are the books it came with and the ones I bought. However the book cover is oddly distorted so it only takes up 1/3 of the front of the book. How do I fix that?

:help:

Filark
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't know, Penru! I haven't heard of that before.

Congratulations on getting your eDGe! I hope you like it, despite the odd-looking book covers. :)

If you haven't already, you might want to browse or search the entourageedge.com forum to see if anyone reported the book cover issue, or has an answer for you.

borisb
05-06-2011, 05:13 PM
In the library there are the books it came with and the ones I bought. However the book cover is oddly distorted so it only takes up 1/3 of the front of the book. How do I fix that?

:help:

It seems a quirk in the Dingo firmware. The Ermine Beta might have fixed it, but you'd have to delete the book and then re-add the original to the Library to see if it displays the book cover properly.

Penru
05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
The Ermine Beta might have fixed it

Would this take place when I install the update? I have not done that yet as I do not have wifi at the moment(am posting from my droid eris, what is it with me and four letter android products that start with "E"...)

Filark
05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Would this take place when I install the update? I have not done that yet as I do not have wifi at the moment(am posting from my droid eris, what is it with me and four letter android products that start with "E"...)

Should have named yourself "Enru"! :rofl:

borisb
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM

No, updates do not fix existing book-covers.

geneven1
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm also a very new user and am running Ermine. I have noticed some distorted covers and filed this information under "so, stop looking at the cover!" so I don't know what could be done about it. I wouldn't count on Ermine for a solution, though.

Penru
05-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I have noticed some distorted covers and filed this information under "so, stop looking at the cover!" so I don't know what could be done about it. I wouldn't count on Ermine for a solution, though.

If you do the froyo update and delete the books from your edge then reload them the covers load in full! It is the best solution I have found!

glorhee
07-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I think I have Ermine beta. Is it possible to get newer version like Gingerbread for PE?

emusan
07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I think I have Ermine beta. Is it possible to get newer version like Gingerbread for PE?

It will most likely not happen, that would require a lot of work and knowledge of how all the hardware works, as well as an idea of how to work with the e-ink.

vicinc
07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
are we are going to get a firmware close to a final than those betas and the poor attempts to prove something can be cooked?