View Full Version : Photos Inside the Pocket eDGe

rvcullen
04-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Just in case anyone wants to know what's in there! I made a photobucket album with some descriptions of some parts and stuff too:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk174/rvcullen/Entourage%20Pocket%20eDGe/

Later!

DaleDe
04-30-2011, 03:45 PM
It would be great if you could put a few of those in our wiki. We have a DIY section with other eBook Readers taken apart.

rvcullen
04-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Okay, I'll try to do that.

Filark
04-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Interesting pictures, rv! Nice RV, too! ;)

Thanks for sharing what you've learned. Did it all go back together again??

:)

rvcullen
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, it's all together and still works! Ha,ha. Still looking for possible battery packs that may serve to replace the original, in case we can't get them anymore.

Last_of_the_PEs
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, it's a good feeling when you put something like that back together and it still works. I remember swapping the mobo out of an HP laptop. I swore if it ever worked again, I'd buy myself a cape. It did, and I didn't, but I was glad it worked.

I saw your post on the entourageedge.com forum. Do the forum members there know that no one can join the forum anymore?

sarah11918
05-05-2011, 04:20 PM
saw your post on the entourageedge.com forum. Do the forum members there know that no one can join the forum anymore?

I responded to you in a different thread. I'm getting technical difficulties when I try to register as a new user (I tried just to see what would happen) but I'm not seeing anything that is explicitly saying they're not accepting new registrations.

The website has been seriously wonky, like for 2 days unusable kind of wonky, so are you sure you're not confusing malfunctioning with not accepting new registrations? Have you been told that you can't register, or are you just unable to and concluding that they're not taking new registrations?

Last_of_the_PEs
05-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I responded to you in a different thread. I'm getting technical difficulties when I try to register as a new user (I tried just to see what would happen) but I'm not seeing anything that is explicitly saying they're not accepting new registrations.

The website has been seriously wonky, like for 2 days unusable kind of wonky, so are you sure you're not confusing malfunctioning with not accepting new registrations? Have you been told that you can't register, or are you just unable to and concluding that they're not taking new registrations?

I'm assuming, but I think it's logical. You don't let ANY part of a website go down this long unless it's down for good.
The store is gone, the apps are reportedly cut back. New users expecting a fully-functional site aren't going to shower the forum with daisies, so why even let them join? That would just bring down the existing users. Are there any noob questions that aren't already answered on the existing forum content? Or it may just be something as simple as, fixing registration isn't a high enough priority to draw from reduced resources right now.

sarah11918
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm assuming, but I think it's logical. You don't let ANY part of a website go down this long unless it's down for good.

It's logical, but it is an assumption.

New users expecting a fully-functional site aren't going to shower the forum with daisies, so why even let them join? That would just bring down the existing users.

Have you *read* the forum, and what they let us get away with saying? :) If anything, the new members and giving us questions to answer and problems to solve has kept us on much better behaviour, I think.

Are there any noob questions that aren't already answered on the existing forum content?

Well, seeing as most of us are in unsupported beta mode of the OS, there's a lot of weird stuff going on that we're trying to help each other through. One could argue that rather than frustrate new users, giving them access to the forum takes a lot of work off of their shoulders. (The extent to which they care is questionable, though.)

Or it may just be something as simple as, fixing registration isn't a high enough priority to draw from reduced resources right now.

Now you're speaking like an edge owner! ;)

Welcome to the mix, and if you haven't done so, it can't hurt to send a support email re: joining the forum. I know a lot of us are also here, but the response you get might give us some new info.

STL Droid
05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Just in case anyone wants to know what's in there! I made a photobucket album with some descriptions of some parts and stuff too:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk174/rvcullen/Entourage%20Pocket%20eDGe/

Later!

Found this by googling the battery number 100-9600003-00

http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/showpage.html?name=BBFS2.E220104&ccnshorttitle=Batteries,+Household+and+Commercial+-+Component&objid=1079940718&cfgid=1073741824&version=versionless&parent_id=1076519666&sequence=1

GETAC TECHNOLOGY CORP E220104
5TH FL BLDG A 209
SEC 1 NANGANG RD
NANGANG DIST
TAIPEI, 115 TAIWAN