Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
srhamm
MAPC grad student
srhamm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Grad student with back problems???

I've preordered the new Kindle that's due out on May 3rd. I'm finishing up my first year as a Richmont Graduate University student where I'm studying to be a Licensed Professional Counselor. It'll be a career change for me. My textbooks are many and weigh a ton! Getting an e-book device will save my back.
srhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
etextbooks were rarely available for my course of study, and I was too lazy to self-digitize, but weight was a huge advantage for me during school anyway. I always had to have books (more than one, for variety's) with me for various times when I was inevitably waiting for something, and before ereading, the weight and bulk were killing me. Getting my entire personal library on a tiny chip, and never having to choose which books to carry and which not to was a huge deal for me.

I hope you have better luck with selection though. And welcome to mobileread.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi srhamm and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

There is a wealth of tips and tricks in the Kindle Forum - do pop in sometime
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Srhamm. Luck with your new career and happy (lightweight) Kindling. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
srhamm
MAPC grad student
srhamm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just found out my new Kindle arrives today--6 days earlier than promised!
In the meantime, I've been buying a couple ebooks and putting them on "Kindle for the PC". David Benner's book "Soulful Spirituality" is right up my alley.
Hey David Marseilles, what is "self-digitizing"? Can I scan a physical book and upload to my Kindle?
srhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by srhamm View Post
Hey David Marseilles, what is "self-digitizing"? Can I scan a physical book and upload to my Kindle?
Indeed you can. People build various contraptions to automate the page-turning and photo-taking process, OCR the photos, and then convert them into a format they can read. Of course, you could scan traditionally, but that would take more time than the other and destroy the book in the process of getting good scans.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
career change, graduate school, kindle, lpc