Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
brasselv
brasselv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Can i deliver my periodical subscriptions to more that one device?

What title says.
All the devices are registered with my same Amazon account.
I just want to be able to read the magazines I subscribe to on my Kindle, iPad, phone, etc.
Depending on my location, mood, etc, i find more convenient to read on one device or another, as I do with books already.

Is there any way to do this with periodicals too?

(Amazon lets you select *which* registered devices should get each magazine, but apparently there is no way to deliver on more than one)
brasselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
No - due to publisher restrictions, you can only have a single issue of a periodical delivered to a single device - no reading on multiple devices.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Actually, I've read that that is no longer true (since about December). Supposedly, you can download to multiple Kindles, but only to Android app, if I remember right. You might search the Kindle forum on Amazon - I think that's where I saw comments about this recently.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

You can read a periodical on more than one device now. I think the change was made around December 2010. Only one device will receive the periodical automatically. For the other devices, you can find issues of the periodical in the archive. In some ways, I prefer it this way so that a magazine I'm in the middle of reading doesn't suddenly go to the archives when a new edition is sent to my kindle.

Oh, and I think this applies to only kindles and android devices - I don't think you can read periodicals on iPhone/iPod Touch, kindle for PC/Mac, etc.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Does this also work for single issue purchases, or only subscriptions?

I don't have a second kindle yet, so I can't check for myself.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
brasselv

Thanks for your answers.
Yes, I confirm that it works on Android devices. You have to look for the periodical in the Archived items though, as EltaninPub said (no automatic deliver - I kinda find this painful).
Also, it looks like the periodical appears in the archived items of Device2 only once it has been opened on Device1. (only short testing, but seems to be the case)
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you susan_cassidy - I was unaware of this change - and have just verified you can access & download issues on multiple Kindles, not just the one specified for delivery. I too do not know if you are required to open it first on the "delivery" device.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
brasselv

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I too do not know if you are required to open it first on the "delivery" device.
I tested again and it seems indeed to be the case. Looks like you have to open your periodical on Device1, perform a refresh on Device2, then the magazine appears on the Archived Items of Device2.

Seems like a bug to me, rather than by design