Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
riverteeth
Enthusiast
riverteeth began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Annotations in PDF and other format files?

Hi everyone, I'm think of getting a Sony Reader, but I'd like to know more about the annotation (highlights and notes) functionality.

After reading tons of review and posts, the main question I still have is this: If I make annotations in a PDF doc or other format ebook, can I view/edit/add to those annotations on my computer by syncing?

I have a lot of academic papers as PDFs, which I normally read and annotate on my computer in Adobe Acrobat. What I'd like is for my e-ink reader to allow me to do this on the go, and then sync with my PDFs on my computer. This would be ideal, but as far as I can tell, the only device that would really allow me to do this is an iPad or Android tablet.

Does the Sony offer something along these lines, or are my notes only visible on the device?

Thanks!
riverteeth is offline   Reply With Quote