Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Anonymous: The Epic of Gilgamesh, V1,6/4/2011

I thought I'd upload a very old epic.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Epic of Gilgamesh - Anonymous.epub (275.2 KB, 1584 views)
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
ddriver
ddriver began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo or samsung e60
much grass
ddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hi, crich70!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm currently reading this one (thank you!) and I have a question. Do you know the name of the translator? If not, could you tell me (if you remember at this late date) where you obtained the copy? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, not even armed with the knowledge that the book contains a "Special Introduction from Babylonian and Assyrian Literature [1901] by Epiphanius Wilson, A.M."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I thought I'd upload a very old epic.
Thanks
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...Do you know the name of the translator? If not, could you tell me (if you remember at this late date) where you obtained the copy? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, not even armed with the knowledge that the book contains a "Special Introduction from Babylonian and Assyrian Literature [1901] by Epiphanius Wilson, A.M."
I have discovered that this work comes from the aforementioned Babylonian, Armenian, and Assyrian literature (1901) by Leonidas Le Cenci Hamilton and retains the Introduction to that work by Epiphanius Wilson. Within that work it was known as The Epic of Izdubar.

Who was Izdubar?
Quote:
From Internet Sacred Texts Archive:

Izdubar is a literal translation of the ideograph for 'Gilgamesh', and was how the hero of the Gilgamesh saga was known when this book was written in the 1880s. A lexicographic tablet was finally discovered several decades later in which Izdubar was equated with Gilgamesh.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have discovered that this work comes from the aforementioned Babylonian, Armenian, and Assyrian literature (1901) by Leonidas Le Cenci Hamilton and retains the Introduction to that work by Epiphanius Wilson. Within that work it was known as The Epic of Izdubar.

Who was Izdubar?
Interesting. Thanks for the history of the book WT Sharpe. Name changes don't surprise me. In the story of the 3 men thrown into the oven for not worshiping the king's golden idol for example they had Hebrew names and they were changed into Babylonian names (which are the ones recorded for the story). Each culture has something slightly different. Like Zimmerman in German means Carpenter for example.

Last edited by crich70; 09-05-2016 at 01:45 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #7
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Thank you for Gilgamesh!
FYI: A nice (online) video intro (or post-read, your choice) is at:
http://www.learner.org/courses/world...lgamesh/watch/
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote