View Full Version : Ermine win/lose?

Augaire
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks to all the reviews of the Ermine beta on the forums, and the iffy speculation on the future of our beloved device I went ahead and made the leap to Ermine. So far I am really enjoying the speed and other functionality. I'm hoping for a full release once allot us poke the beta with a stick for a while and report our results.

So far I vote it a win.

Cons.
The native browser would randomly crash on me before, so the new behavior is pretty standard from my perspective. Still annoying.

Questions
- anyone found a working virus scan app?

Augaire
(It's pronounced Ari)

janhall_us
04-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Questions- anyone found a working virus scan app?

I'm using AVG with no issues on eDGe Froyo. It was installed on 1.6 and upgraded with the OS though.

~Jan

STL Droid
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to say I switched to Ermine this weekend. Took a bit of time for the total instal, about 6 min. The results though are very nice. Nice look, on the PE, and very fast. % screens, and yes, I can use the camera with Evernote. However, I cannot get any program that is supposed to run on froyo 2.2 to install. Yahoo messenger, a paint program, they won't download in Amazon, Yahoo won't show me the link. It's as though this install doesn't tell the software that it is 2.2
Very odd.

I like it, it seems stable, I just wish it were really, really froyo rather than an adaptation of froyo.

fgruber
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
That is odd. I have installed several Froyo only programs without problems. (e.g. repligo) THe only problems is that certain programs are design for faster processors and the edge may be too slow to run them.

Hi,
Just wanted to say I switched to Ermine this weekend. Took a bit of time for the total instal, about 6 min. The results though are very nice. Nice look, on the PE, and very fast. % screens, and yes, I can use the camera with Evernote. However, I cannot get any program that is supposed to run on froyo 2.2 to install. Yahoo messenger, a paint program, they won't download in Amazon, Yahoo won't show me the link. It's as though this install doesn't tell the software that it is 2.2
Very odd.

I like it, it seems stable, I just wish it were really, really froyo rather than an adaptation of froyo.

janhall_us
04-05-2011, 11:52 AM
That is odd. I have installed several Froyo only programs without problems.

Yep, me too. I'd been waiting for Froyo for Dolphin HD and it immediately installed and runs without problems. Perhaps you just have bad luck in picking programs to try ;)

Gunnerp245
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Yep, me too. I'd been waiting for Froyo for Dolphin HD and it immediately installed and runs without problems. Perhaps you just have bad luck in picking programs to try ;)

Where did you get dolphin?

borisb
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
http://slideme.org/en/application/dolphin-browser-hd ?