Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free book (Sony) - Love Me Tender [Contemporary Romance]

Love Me Tender by Alison Kent is a contemporary romance originally published by Kensington's Zebra imprint, and now e-published by the author herself.

This is currently free in the Sony store for unfathomable reasons, as it's currently also $2.99 everywhere else. Perhaps the author temporarily freebied it at Smashwords and the Sony pricing hasn't caught up yet?

Anyway, in case it's a pricing glitch, be sure all the Sony checkout stuff says $0.00 before committing to "purchase".

And if it turns out you like the author's writing, she's got plenty of stuff still in print from Harlequin (some available in discount savings bundles) and Kensington, and offers 3 backlist books via Smashwords.

Description
Small town life is a far cry from NYC's fast pace, and Eden Karr wonders if she's made a mistake moving - until sexy carpenter Jace Morgan strides into her boutique. One look at Eden, and Jace know he's found his woman. Trouble is, she's still yearning for New York and his roots are firmly planted in the Texas Hill Country.

Originally published by Zebra Books, Kensington Publishing Corp.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks so much! I almost bought this at Smashwords the other day.
I did buy her Playing Love's Odds though instead so it's great to have this one for Free
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Don't you just love it when you put off buying a book, for some reason or other, and it shows up free later? I love moments like these
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I do! I was just telling my hubby the same thing.
It's little things like these that make my day!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
It usually happens the other way around for me...I buy it for $9.99 and then it goes all free for everyone else!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Clearly, the two of you need to start posting which books you almost got/just bought, so that the rest of us can know which ones to expect to pop up free.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think Grace Burrowes's _The Heir_ was the last one for me...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard

Hey, it works! The Heir was free for Sony just 4 months ago.

I don't suppose I could persuade you to go buy some sf/fantasy?

Or better yet, persuade Blossom to just-barely-avoid buying it. Easier on both your wallets, I think.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

@Joykins
I had that happen too many times. I bought the book Pandora Box and the next day it was free! I've since bought the whole series with help of Kobo's coupons.

@ATDrake I wish it worked they way!
I read urban fantasy and some Scifi but I get them from my Library. I seldom buy them because I don't like to pay more then $7 dollars for an ebook. I'm currently reading Carrie Vaughn 's Kitty Norville series but right now on my wish list is C.C. Hunter's YA paranormal: Born at Midnight. It's $10+tax so unless my library gets it or it goes on sale locally it will be a long time before I get to read it unless this method really works and it shows up for free.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
Joykins
Wizard

Doesn't happen to EVERY book I buy! LOL! Last book I bought was _Children of Scarabaeus_ and I have no expectation that it will go for free--2nd book in the series and all that. Just decided not to get DeStefano's _Wither_ because $9.99 is a bit steep for me for a YA and unknown author. But I'll be looking for it at the library.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
… but right now on my wish list is C.C. Hunter's YA paranormal: Born at Midnight. It's $10+tax so unless my library gets it or it goes on sale locally it will be a long time before I get to read it unless this method really works and it shows up for free.
Well, at least you can entertain yourself with Hunter's free promo short story set in the same world?

Quick! Put some Charles de Lint, Cherie Priest, Juliet Marillier, and Janes Yolen and Lindskold on your wish list and maybe we'll see a few downloadable promo stories from them, too!