View Full Version : Won't install on Windows 7

ncvidal
03-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I have attempted to install the software on Windows 7 (64 bit) and recieved an error message that said The installation package could not be opened. contact vendor and verify that this is a valid windows installer package. I have tried clearing the cache as well as the debug suggestion in the FAQs. What should I try next? Thanks for any assistance in advance

theducks
03-30-2011, 01:38 PM
I have attempted to install the software on Windows 7 (64 bit) and recieved an error message that said The installation package could not be opened. contact vendor and verify that this is a valid windows installer package. I have tried clearing the cache as well as the debug suggestion in the FAQs. What should I try next? Thanks for any assistance in advance

Do notuse a download manager.
disable your anti-virus (IMHO only if you use the official Calibre-ebook source. color me paranoid :p )

ncvidal
03-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Do notuse a download manager.
disable your anti-virus (IHO only if you use the official Calibre-ebook source. color me paranoid :p )

That solution worked, thanks, ducks!

molly38
03-31-2011, 01:36 AM
Im having the same problem ..
i used my browser to download from the calibre site

and disabled my anti virus

Manichean
03-31-2011, 02:58 AM
There's an alternative download site available (http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/) if you're having trouble with the primary one. Try clearing your browser cache before redownloading. If possible, try another browser.