View Full Version : Change Send to Device Folder??

bucketheadmn
03-27-2011, 04:26 PM
So I have a rooted NC and am using Calibre 0.7.52. I am able to send files to the SD card on my NC just fine. What I am wanting to do is change the folder they are sent to.

Currently if I choose Main Memory (which is how Calibre sees my SD card on the NC) books are sent to: My Files - > Books

I use the Nook Android App to read my books and in order for the app to see the side loaded books the books need to be in: Nook -> MyDocuments

How do I change the folder/directory that Calibre sends the .epub files to?

Thanks!

theducks
03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
So I have a rooted NC and am using Calibre 0.7.52. I am able to send files to the SD card on my NC just fine. What I am wanting to do is change the folder they are sent to.

Currently if I choose Main Memory (which is how Calibre sees my SD card on the NC) books are sent to: My Files - > Books

I use the Nook Android App to read my books and in order for the app to see the side loaded books the books need to be in: Nook -> MyDocuments

How do I change the folder/directory that Calibre sends the .epub files to?

Thanks!

Welcome

Just add a 'literal' value into the template. Be wary of 'case' sensitivities :smack:

MyDocuments/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{id}/{title}_-{authors}

the slash means the next part(s) are folder(s)

Manichean
03-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Moved to appropriate subforum.

bucketheadmn
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome

Just add a 'literal' value into the template. Be wary of 'case' sensitivities :smack:

MyDocuments/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{id}/{title}_-{authors}

the slash means the next part(s) are folder(s)

I tried that, but seems to go into the My Files Folders no matter what. Copied your code exact and pasted into Calibre and it ended up creating a MyDocuments folder within the my files, ending up here: E:\My Files\Books\MyDocuments

I would like to see the books end up here: E:\Nook\MyDocuments

Where E:\ is seen as Main Memory by Calibre which is perfect already.

I need

Manichean
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
To change that folder, you'd have to change the source code of the device interface plugin for the Nook.

bucketheadmn
03-27-2011, 04:57 PM
To change that folder, you'd have to change the source code of the device interface plugin for the Nook.

How/Where would I do that? I looked in customize plugins, but did not give me the option under the Nookcolor Device Interface plugin. Do I need to get into the actual source code of the program to change it?

Manichean
03-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Do I need to get into the actual source code of the program to change it?
Yep. I won't give further instructions for two reasons: First, I haven't looked at the code and haven't got the first clue about it, second, if you want to trash the plugin, you can do that all by yourself ;)

bucketheadmn
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Yep. I won't give further instructions for two reasons: First, I haven't looked at the code and haven't got the first clue about it, second, if you want to trash the plugin, you can do that all by yourself ;)

Haha - I will not trash the plugin either :eek:. Was hopeful it would be a easy fix, but alas I will just have to copy/paste on to my NC. Maybe plugin will be updated at one point, but I will not touch anything in it .

Manichean
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
You can use the connect to folder feature instead, coupled with theducks' advice. You'll have to deactivate the Nook plugin, though, to stop Calibre from recognizing the device.

bucketheadmn
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
You can use the connect to folder feature instead, coupled with theducks' advice. You'll have to deactivate the Nook plugin, though, to stop Calibre from recognizing the device.

Connect to Folder does exactly what I want after disabling the NOOKcolor plugin - thanks!