View Full Version : Re: Aldiko ignoring style sheet property?

purcelljf
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi,

I use a simple style sheet for my Epubs that includes the following properties:

p{text-indent:0;margin-left)

However, Aldiko (Premium 2.0) still indents all my paragraphs. Is there something I can do to force Aldiko to NOT indent my paragraphs?

P.S.
I have definitely specified the correct setting in Aldiko to enable use of a "publisher's style sheet".

Thanks.

theducks
03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi,

I use a simple style sheet for my Epubs that includes the following properties:

p{text-indent:0;margin-left)

However, Aldiko (Premium 2.0) still indents all my paragraphs. Is there something I can do to force Aldiko to NOT indent my paragraphs?

P.S.
I have definitely specified the correct setting in Aldiko to enable use of a "publisher's style sheet".

Thanks.
you had an error. :eek:
some reader-software ignore the whole mess if they hit an error

p{text-indent:0;margin-left: 0)
see if adding the red items help on your device

purcelljf
03-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I typed the original comment below incorrectly. I wanted to keep it brief and to highlight the obvious properties. The actually entry in my epub is below.

p{text-indent:0;margin-left:0;margin-right:0;margin-top:.18em;margin-bottom:.18em;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;font-size:100%;letter-spacing:.045em}

Toxaris
03-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Try:

p{
text-indent:0 !important;
margin-left:0;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:.18em;
margin-bottom:.18em;
font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
font-size:1em;
letter-spacing:.045em;
}

So, add the !important. I also changed the font-size from 100% to 1em. That way resizing will be nicer.

Be careful, some readers will not like the !important tag, but some reading apps (aldiko, Stanza) will not play nice otherwise.

purcelljf
03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi,
Using !important didn't work. However, I started looking at some other EPUBs made by other people and noticed that the style property for indentation was working when a class was used as opposed to styling the paragraph tag directly.

Jellby
03-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Ah, the same happens with the <body> margins in the Cybook...

I wonder if using some other selector would work too, like "* + p" (a paragraph following any other element) or "body p" (any paragraph inside the <body>). In principle, those have higher priority than just "p", and would affect all paragraphs.

matsp888
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, it works. I'm currently using "body p" to overcome this in every style sheet.

Ah, the same happens with the <body> margins in the Cybook...

I wonder if using some other selector would work too, like "* + p" (a paragraph following any other element) or "body p" (any paragraph inside the <body>). In principle, those have higher priority than just "p", and would affect all paragraphs.