View Full Version : Cannot long-press on images on Droid

bsetzer
02-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi All:

First time posting... I searched the forms and didn't see a like topic so my apologies if I am repeating.

I am doing some testing with ePubs on my Motorola Droid using the Aldiko reader and I have run into a strange anomaly.

If I open any ePub (either one I create using Sigil or downloaded from another source), I am unable to zoom in on any of the inline images. I have tried long-press, double tap, nothing works. I will note if I open the same ePub in iBooks in an iOS device, it works perfectly.

Everything I have read suggests that it *should* work. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Toxaris
02-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I am not quite sure Aldiko supports this. In fact, almost no reader will support this afak. Images and Aldiko goes not well together anyway. Centering images will not work wel either.

Jellby
02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
In other words, that is entirely a feature of the reading software, it either has it or not. Apparently iBooks has it (good), but Aldiko doesn't (as most readers, it seems).

bsetzer
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Did some more digging and it appears that Aldiko removed this functionality in version 2.0 (the previous version did support this apparently).

Do you know of *any* Android-based readers that support either long-press or pinch/zoom on images?