I have been using eBook Publisher for some time now to create IMPs to copy to my SmartMedia Card. For some reason, as of today, all IMPs have the chapters mixed up. The beginning of the book is in the last few pages. Any idea what could be happening here? With thanks.
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Just guessing here, but did you re-install anything recently that can conflict with eBook Publisher, like eBookwise/GEB Librarian, BookDesigner, etc. ;)
If so, try to re-install the latest version (v2.3.15). If not perhaps even try going back to the older version 2.2.5 available here (http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/downloads/Win_eBookPub_2.2.5.exe).
Then, if that works, just re-install the latest version!
Also, are you sure ALL your ebook creations exhibit that ordering issue or just certain ebooks you are converting... :chinscratch:
Yes, I installed a free Bulk Rename Utility program. And I DID use it to rename the xhtml extensions to .html before putting to Publisher! Not sure I used it for all the books I am having problems with and will need to spend some time with that. THANK YOU - I'll bet that's it! I'll check that first and, second, will try reinstall.
Okay, even though the .html files are numerically in order, when I cut and past them into eBook Publisher, they reverse their order putting the highest number first. Haven't figured out how to order them.
Silly. If I drag and drop the files into eBook Publisher, they are out of order. If I choose "Add Files" and browse to the files, it takes them in the proper order. Thanks for your time Nick.
02-15-2011, 10:59 AM
The latest versions of eBook Publisher seem to have issues with drag 'n drop after adding files. I need to drop the item one or two entries higher for it to be in the correct spot. I just save the .opf and manually edit it when I can't use eBook Publisher to do it right.
Gripes about eBook Publisher issues!
Also, in their most recent updates, they don't seem to support Unix "/" in filename paths anymore and only recognize the MS DOS "\" when referred to in href's/links.
It can't compile my large ebook creations of yesteryear whereas v2.2.5 was rock solid.
It has issue opening and resaving the .opf and on many occasions has even refused to reload a .opf it just saved (mind you this happens more when loading and converting older v2.2.5 .opf's)
Oh, well, such is way of legacy device support!!! :eek: :snicker: