Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Launching Kindle Previewer from command line?

Anyone know if it's possible to launch the Kindle Previewer from a command line with the file to open as an argument?

When I try to do so, I get an error:
Code:
The document cannot be opened.  Java cannot open files of this type.

The same file can be dragged onto Kindle Previewer and opened, or opened from the menu, so it's not a problem with the file itself.

I'm guessing that it's either not supported, or there's a special syntax for passing the file.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Wild guess here, but maybe it gets converted by something else first and then passed to the previewer? To be honest, I'm not even sure what the Kindle Previewer is..
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
It doesn't seem to be supported by the Kindle Previewer app. I've tried using Windows' "Open with..." functionality and while Kindle Previewer launches, it does so without opening the file, totally ignoring the filename passed to it.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@dwig: Thanks for confirming. I was hoping for possibly a switch prefix (-o?), but I can't seem to shake any help content out of the app from the cli.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to launch the Kindle Previewer from a command line with the file to open as an argument?

When I try to do so, I get an error:
Code:
The document cannot be opened.  Java cannot open files of this type.

The same file can be dragged onto Kindle Previewer and opened, or opened from the menu, so it's not a problem with the file itself.

I'm guessing that it's either not supported, or there's a special syntax for passing the file.

G
It's probably not supported ^_^

I tried dragging/dropping onto the file as well, and it just opened as if nothing happened.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert