Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
77ja55
77ja55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Any way to send different newspapers to different kindles via email?

I am loving the newfeed option for my kindle. I have 3 kindles in my family and am wondering if there is anyway to set it up so that certain newspapers go to certain email addresses. Right now everything goes to all 3 email addresses. But my wife doesn't like getting all my news sources filling up her screen to delete every day, and I would prefer to not delete each day her celebrity news feeds Any way of choosing what goes to which email?

Thanks.

James
77ja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ja55 View Post
I am loving the newfeed option for my kindle. I have 3 kindles in my family and am wondering if there is anyway to set it up so that certain newspapers go to certain email addresses. Right now everything goes to all 3 email addresses. But my wife doesn't like getting all my news sources filling up her screen to delete every day, and I would prefer to not delete each day her celebrity news feeds Any way of choosing what goes to which email?
Short of running multiple copies of calibre on multiple computers the answer is no.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You could set the downloading and emailing up via the commandline tools, that way, you can specify the recipient for each recipe individually. The relevant commands are ebook-convert and calibre-smtp. Have a look at the manual or search this forum for further instructions.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
AustinTim
AustinTim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Me Too

I'm wanting to do this as well... from one computer that's always on. I don't have two to always have on.
AustinTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
CuriousGrrl
Kindle lover/Linux user
CuriousGrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Mail filters are really your best option. Set up one to delete the feeds you don't want to see, and never fuss with it again.
CuriousGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
TacomaReader
TacomaReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g keyboard
Any way to send different newspapers to different kindles via email?

I don't see how the suggestion to use email filters is to be implemented? Wouldn't the Kindle itself have to filter out the unwanted news feeds? I didn't think that was possible but I would love to be proven wrong.

Gmail can filter and do forwarding, but currently, they require that you respond to an email sent to the forwarding address to prove that you own it, and that is not possible for an @kindle.com email address.

I hope that the feature can be implemented within Calibre? I have 3 Kindles in the family and only one computer that runs 24/7.
TacomaReader is offline   Reply With Quote