View Full Version : books with a two columns style

yuxi_kelly
01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Dear all,

I have a PDF, It is two columns in most pages.
how should I make the epub, made it in one column? the left side text first,then the right side? See attachment-001

AND another situation, the picture is on the right side of the page, how should I handle this ? put the picture in the middle of the page instead of on the right side? See attachment-002
:help:

bobcdy
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm sure there are better ways than what I do, especially if the pdf is a text file already, but this is my procedure:

When I do a two column index for my epubs starting with an image pdf file, first I convert the two column pages from the pdf file into tif images, then I edit each page image to create two single column image pages. This can be automated with Irfanview if there are many pages. Finally I OCR the pages to create text for the epub.

If the pdf file is a text file, I have no idea how one could create two column epubs. Perhaps someone else could help with this.

DaleDe
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
If you really need two columns in ePUB the best way is to create a table with two columns.

Dale

jharker
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I would strongly discourage trying make a two-column ePub file. There's no easy or standard way to do this, as far as I know. You're only asking for a lot of trouble, and chances are very good that it will end up looking bad. You'll be much better off simply re-flowing the text as a single column.