View Full Version : Screen Filter

Logseman
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
This is an app which works like one of those old screen filters that old screens had to carry: it dims the backlight of your device beyond the normal settings. This reduces eye strain while reading at night as it lowers the contrast between the screen and your surroundings. Particularly for the Super AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S and Nexus S, it is a must-buy for night reading.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/screen-filter-android-app-free/

kennyc
12-24-2010, 09:29 AM
This is an app which works like one of those old screen filters that old screens had to carry: it dims the backlight of your device beyond the normal settings. This reduces eye strain while reading at night as it lowers the contrast between the screen and your surroundings. Particularly for the Super AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S and Nexus S, it is a must-buy for night reading.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/screen-filter-android-app-free/

The apps I use have reverse and multiple settings for this sort of thing - Kindle, Aldiko, FB reader....am I missing the point?

SlowRain
12-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I've been using it for a couple of days now, and I really like it. The advantage is when you want to look at something on the internet or use some other app that doesn't allow you to adjust the colors like our reading apps do. It universally adjusts the entire phone's brightness to below the manufacturer's level. Highly recommended.

kennyc
12-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I see, so it's more "global" than just a ebook reader.

SlowRain
12-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Yes. It affects your screen brightness in all apps when you have it turned on. It's indispensable for nighttime usage, but I use it in low-light situations as well. I was using it just a few minutes ago when reading MR on my phone (I'm on my PC now). It makes my sometimes-too-bright Galaxy S screen more comfortable on my eyes. Apparently, it saves on the battery too.

citac
01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Can the apk be found somewhere?