Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Wish

I would like to have the possibility of building a regex library. Sigil stores the last used ones, but i have some regex which i'm really using quite often, but they are disappearing in the history due to a limited number of slots in the history.

A recall from a library with all settings (match case, current/all files etc) would be great.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Read the ReportingIssues wiki page then create a new issue for your feature request.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On the subject of wishing, may I make my annual wish for a hyperlink editor... .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Read ... then create a new issue for your feature request.
Wow! Consider yourself spanked, I guess, huebi.

I read the cited page and it seems there is little interest in adding features that aren't in demand. So if I were you, I would post examples here with multiple regexes and illustrations of how they're helpful. Then you'll develop a demand for the feature you want.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
I would like to have the possibility of building a regex library. Sigil stores the last used ones, but i have some regex which i'm really using quite often, but they are disappearing in the history due to a limited number of slots in the history.

A recall from a library with all settings (match case, current/all files etc) would be great.
I recommend a clip/snippet manager. The one I use, Ace Text, has a few problems with QT, or vice-versa, but is very powerful. I'm sure there are others out there. In addition to REGEXs, I maintain a full set of xhtml tags and other data I find repeatedly useful.

I'm sure that there are others out there and even free ones.

crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I recommend a clip/snippet manager. The one I use, Ace Text, has a few problems with QT, or vice-versa, but is very powerful. I'm sure there are others out there. In addition to REGEXs, I maintain a full set of xhtml tags and other data I find repeatedly useful.

I'm sure that there are others out there and even free ones.
Interesting tool, thanks for sharing that idea. However I do like the feature requrest of the OP - especially if you consider that for me most of my regexes are used in pairs of find and replace expressions. Having an easy way to recall that "pair" without pasting in from external tools would be great.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Interesting tool, thanks for sharing that idea. However I do like the feature requrest of the OP - especially if you consider that for me most of my regexes are used in pairs of find and replace expressions. Having an easy way to recall that "pair" without pasting in from external tools would be great.
Yep. A fullup clip/snippet manager internal to Sigil would be great.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
I recommend a clip/snippet manager.
A regex contains more then a snippet of text: search string, replace string & options.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
A regex contains more then a snippet of text: search string, replace string & options.
I would like to see a tool the has 3 parts
1) The search pattern
2) the replace pattern
3) (visual only) A sample of the Targeted text

Oh, and the fourth part, a Button on the S n R that saves A current 'found along with the the Search and Replace field contents
Currently, I do this by hand with a Notpad/gedit text file, that is 3 copy-pastes every time to save.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On the subject of wishing, may I make my annual wish for a hyperlink editor... .
The "annual" part hurt, but it's true . You do make that request once a year, and I always say that it's important (and I do believe it is), but something always gets in the way.

Trust me when I tell you it's the fourth item on my internal "big features" TODO list.

And before anyone asks, no you can't see it. If I showed it, I'd have to stick by it and it's not that kind of list. It's more like an internal wish list.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Yep. A fullup clip/snippet manager internal to Sigil would be great.
Already planned.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I read the cited page and it seems there is little interest in adding features that aren't in demand.
Then you misread the page. It says that features requested need to be useful to many to be accepted, not popular. There are many features people don't realise they want until they use them.

The stars system on the tracker is merely for triage. My time is limited, so I'll rather work on things useful to more people first. So popularity helps an issue get implemented sooner, but only merit counts when I judge whether to accept it or not.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #13
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
How true. Handled fine.