Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Header Support with oeb-page-head Tag Working/Examples?

I am a Sony Reader user, and have been unable to create an ePUB with headers using the oeb-page-head tag. At least one that appears in the Reader Library application.

I have tried two examples.

http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops/OPS_2.0...tml#Section3.3

Code:
<div>
   <div class="myhead" style="display: oeb-page-head">
      The OEB Publication Structure: Introduction
   </div>
   <h2>Introduction</h2>
   <p>...</p>
</div>
I created an ePUB that passed epubcheck, but did not display a header on each page.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Publisher

Code:
<html>
<head>

<style type="text/css">
 header {display:none; display:oeb-page-head}
</style>

</head>

<body>

<header>
<table border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td align="left"><small>PUT_TITLE_HERE</small></td>
<td align="right"><small>PUT_AUTHOR_HERE</small></td>
</tr>
</table>
<hr>
</header>

<p>EBOOK_TEXT_HERE</p>

</body>
</html>
This seems like the more desirable solution, but it fails epubcheck and completely destroys the page I put the header on... I get a header, but nothing else on the page, until the next xml document.

I am exceptionally inexperienced with ePUB, so I'm wondering if anyone has an ePUB already functioning with the oeb-page-head tag. (There is a workaround to get headers on the Sony Readers, but I'd rather use an ePUB tag).

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I know of no ePUB reader that supports oeb-page-head (or foot), although it would be the proper way to create running headers.

But, anyway, if you are using a class, you need not specify a style, i.e., you should do:

Code:
<div class="myhead">
  The OEB Publication Structure: Introduction
</div>
and, in the CSS:

Code:
div.myhead { display: oeb-page-head }
(but it won't work, as I said).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert