View Full Version : Black Pandigital Novel $149 at Best Buy!

RW2112
12-03-2010, 02:58 AM
I just purchased a black Pandigital Novel today at Best Buy for $149. Absolutely love it, comes loaded with nice basic selection of apps and reading my ebooks on it is great!

An added bonus is right now Pandigital is offering the Android platform kit for download on their website to turn it into an Android tablet should that be your taste, (Warranty voided should you do that though)

horse_girl
12-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info on this. I just bought it today for my hubby for a Christmas gift. It seemed comparable to the Nook Color but much cheaper. It's good to read a review from someone with it. Let me know how the reading experience is, or if you decide later that it isn't as great as you thought. Also, how is it in bright light for reading?

Noah98
12-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the info on this. I just bought it today for my hubby for a Christmas gift. It seemed comparable to the Nook Color but much cheaper. It's good to read a review from someone with it. Let me know how the reading experience is, or if you decide later that it isn't as great as you thought. Also, how is it in bright light for reading?

The nook color is actually a much better device due to the touchscreen (capacitive), IPS High Resolution screen, and build quality.

However, it is $100 more.

horse_girl
12-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I noticed that in the image quality of the display, but couldn't actually play with it. I'm tempted to take it back and exchange it for NC after reading some other reviews on it last night.

RW2112
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
So far I am enjoying mine, screen is very readable, has nighttime mode as well. Any backlit reader (Pandigital, Nook Color) will be more difficult to read outdoors than an e-ink type reader.

For the feature set and being $100 less than the Nook Color I am sticking to the Pandigital.

I will say I find page turning much easier using the supplied stylus than doing finger swipes on the Pandigital though...

horse_girl
12-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I will say I find page turning much easier using the supplied stylus than doing finger swipes on the Pandigital though...

That was one of the complaints I read in the reviews since I bought it...yeah, I know. I should read reviews before I buy stuff. Lesson learned.

RW2112
12-06-2010, 11:45 PM
New firmware out today, just installed it. Finger swiping is much improved, can finally put the stylus away. :D

horse_girl
12-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm glad it improved things, but I took the device back tonight before reading your post.