View Full Version : "referenced resource exists, but not declared" what fixes this?

a-name4epub
12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok, so <a href="internal-link.xhtml">link</a> is ok? I have some of those for reader convenience. The files are all included in the toc.nxc and content.opf files, but I get this error: referenced resource exists, but not declared in the OPF file. Any ideas?

Adjust
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
The error message will indicate which line in the Content.opf file it is referring to.
So, basiclly, and without using my immense powers of mind reading, can safely say:

You have referenced a resource file (image, xhtml, something), but you have not declared it in the OPF file (between the <manifest></manifest> section).

theducks
12-03-2010, 01:23 AM
The error message will indicate which line in the Content.opf file it is referring to.
So, basiclly, and without using my immense powers of mind reading, can safely say:

You have referenced a resource file (image, xhtml, something), but you have not declared it in the OPF file (between the <manifest></manifest> section).
Or it could be a typo for something that was declared :smack:
Watch out for Case mis-matches, wrong-way slashes...

a-name4epub
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Hello - I got it to pass! I was happy to see the number of errors go down as I found them and re-validated. Yes, it was several typos - I made this epub by hand (over 400 files) - and a few things I would not have known until I tried and fixed them. One of the odd errors seemed to be a space where a tag was expected even though the tag followed right after.
@theducks yes I had case mis-matches at first. they were easy to catch, but the files and ids where I used a leading zero in front of a numeral in some places and not in others were a big thing to fix.

Thanks for caring.